Forum Topics CSL CSL Bull Case

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

CSL is close to the bottom of a multi-year trading range here (somewhere between $250-$340). Assuming the range holds, it is a good time to buy.

If it breaks the range, it may be an even better time to buy after it settles :). This is from an investor's perspective of course, those who can hold for long periods and withstand volatility to the downside - traders will want to tread more cautiously.

thunderhead
5 months ago

I do like to revisit some observations and calls to see how things played out.

In this case, buying near the pandemic crash lows turned out to be great. I pulled the trigger earlier, before the last leg of the drop took place, but I am glad to have picked up some well below the current price.

actionman
5 months ago

@thunderhead I was inspired to pick up some CSL and RMD shares in my CareSuper portfolio back in October 2023 which turned out to be good timing. The risk on move has really been something. Thanks Strawpeople for being so informative and the various podcasts out there.

thunderhead
5 months ago

Well done @actionman! I bought more RMD than CSL (RMD is among my largest holdings, and I am going on my 9th year holding it now - should have done the same with CSL which I inexplicably sold under $100 a few years ago!). Again, some way off the bottom ($23.5 was my lowest parcel price), but I have a feeling it will do very well in the years ahead.