Forum Topics AVA AVA Contract wins

Pinned straw:

Added 4 months ago

AVA today announced, after market close, that they had won a number of important contracts relating to its fibre sensing business.

In aggregate, it says it is expecting more than $10m in sales orders for Q2, which would be a record for the company and a big improvement on the $8m-odd generated in Q1.

Maybe this will help shake shares out of their malaise when trade resumes tomorrow?

ASX announcement here:

multiple contracts won for ava risk groups aix fibre tech1703050260pdf.pdf

fcmaster26
4 months ago

The Chile deal reminds me of this post.998a6d7e972bd7595d9a8ca0e294d459012b93.jpeg

I think it’s encouraging that the company is winning the same type of deal in the same region repetitively and keep squeezing competitors like Senstar.

Bushmanpat
4 months ago

This is encouraging news but I would have liked to have seen some mention of ongoing support. They all seem to be installation. Hopefully there will be upgrades and support to these systems once they've been in place a while. Still, the US state-based corrections contract is good, one facility led to another four within a year. The global nature of the contracts is also encouraging. Fingers crossed 2024 is the year AVA gets "discovered" by the market.

fcmaster26
4 months ago

Not sure when they will realise the profit since many projects won’t get delivered until next financial. It’s possible that this year’s financial performance will only reflect part of those contracts.

But still, great news! Way better than Aura IQ I would say.

Strawman
4 months ago

A revamped product, new CEO and new sales team are all under 12 months in. This is very good early progress imo.

Sales momentum takes time to build. Gradually, then suddenly.

Slideup
4 months ago

Yeah definitely a bit of momentum building. They said at Q1 that contracts for detect were delayed and that they would come in Q2 so management have delivered on that promise. Overall a pretty good December to date for AVA

5/12 - announced 5yr extension of support to existing Sydney trains contract - $0.5m ($0.1m/yr?) of high margin revenue

7/12 - announced $2-3m UGL contract for for a Sydney transport tender - install and support contract

20-12 - announced 4 new contract wins in South America (1), US (2) and Eastern Europe (1). Three were small contracts (AUD$0.3-0.7m) and 1 bigger contract ($2.7m) for copper mine in Chile.

Total sales orders for Q2 is now expected to exceed $10m, which is a solid step up relative to the last 2 years.

8a282cb1ae46aec2e77845bcd172dce1d7766a.png

@Bushmanpat I'm pretty sure Mal said somewhere that all of the Aura IQ contracts have a service component in them even if not explicitly stated.

thunderhead
4 months ago

You have to wonder why the market isn't responding more enthusiastically to all this good news. I'm relatively new to the company (though I'm aware of it because it is one @Strawman regularly opines on in various media!), but is it uncertainty about what the company actually earns from the contracts, even if they look food on a notional/face value basis?

rmoss
4 months ago

Fingers crossed you are right, malaise is a very polite way to put it, the market has totally lost interest, the volumes for calendar 2023 are beyond thin even for a small cap. I’m hoping for a small uptick but think it won’t sustain until these reported deals start showing up as a cashflow positive sustainable business. Not sure we are there just yet but hopeful

edgescape
4 months ago

Share price still staying around 16.5c and not doing much

I had a read of that announcement again and I'll try and explain my thoughts on the stagnant share price.

I don't think little contracts like that which add up to a total of $10m will do much because they are not "attention-grabbing" enough and maybe the margin on each might be small.

I think what AVA needs to really get people excited are bigger individual contracts worth $10m+ each such as that large contract with the Indian Government that happened years ago. I could be wrong with the figures as I remember this work happened years ago in 2020

Encouraging, but not ready to buy yet. Still on the watchlist though.

Adding that I was a previous holder

Bushmanpat
4 months ago

@edgescape I think your second last paragraph is what explains the stagnant share price. It is probably the prevailing sentiment among potential investors and fund managers.

fcmaster26
4 months ago

The IMOD contract was phenomenal and broke multiple records in terms of contract size in the perimeter intrusion detection industry.

It’s not realistic to expect that kind of deal to happen regularly.