Forum Topics BOT BOT Analyst Report

Pinned straw:

Added 4 months ago

@Nnyck777 posted a summary of the Euroz Harley report on $BOT earlier this year. I tried my usual trick of Googling "Botanix Pharmaceuticals Analyst reports" and bingo, scored the link to the April 2023 report (I don't know if there has been any update) buried somewhere on the Botanix website.

Euroz Hartleys Report

I don't think it has previously been posted on SM so I thought I'd share it for those who are looking at trying to value $BOT.

Note the disclosure that the analyst owns $BOT shares and that Euroz Hartley has been involved in providing corporate advice, raising equity and has been paid for its services in $BOT equity. So clearly they have a lot of interest in the SP of $BOT, so the research has to be viewed with that in mind.

Ahead of developing my own view in the New Year, I was interested to see the market penetration and revenue build profile assumptions. It is curious to see the forecasts have Sofdra very significantly expanding the addressible market, given its price premium to existing treatments. I think understanding this further is important.

The 6-9 month timing delay of the FDA setback is not necessarily that material to the revenue build projection in CY24 assuming a July launch if they position themselve aggressively ahead of FDA approval, which they appear to be doing. Also, given the ability for sales and marketing to target the relatively small number of dispensing dermatologists, the build profile through 2025-26-27 is actually quite pedestrian IF the product proves to be a hit with patients. So maybe, there is an element of risking in the build? Definitely room for some scenario thinking!

The target SP in this report is $0.28, and with the passage of 9 months since the report and a delay of 6-9 months due to the FDA setback, its still probably a reasonable price target today, if you accept the numbers. As I said, I will have a go at this in the New Year, so I am not giving a view on this at this stage.

Disc: Held in RL and SM

NewbieHK
4 months ago

The present valuation (price) on this one is confusing. I think the FDA hold up because of the label issue might have scared some investors off, especially those who didn’t read properly and were spooked. On the other hand traders looking for a quick $ may have also pulled their funds from a short term opportunity cost perspective.

Personally, I think one is not going to find a more “sure” thing in the Biotech world, if such a thing exists. Especially, as it is already sold through BOT’s partner in Japan and we have sales figures to extrapolate its potential in the USA. So we know it works because people are buying it.

I am putting this down to one of those market opportunities that presents itself in small cap world. I am not finished accumulating and happy to sit back and watch this one unfold.

Note: Hold IRL and SM.

mikebrisy
4 months ago

@NewbieHK - Yes, I am similarly minded on this.

I'll probably accumulate up to a 3% position on any SP weakness (from current 1.6%) over the next 3-4 months, which will make the return over the next 2-3 years when the SP takes off on early revenue growth meaningful for me at a portfolio level without staking the farm. Of course, as I continue my research there is always a chance my conviction could increase!

Regarding SP moves, in the absence of any further news flow, I'd expect to see investors seeking to trade the FDA approval milestone starting to move in throughout Q2. The return potential in the few months before and after approval (or days, depending on your trading horizon!) combined with the risk-reward profile should make this a very attractive mid-2024 trade for short term money.

On Japan, Kaken have recently upgraded the sales forecast of ECCLOCK.

• In 2Q FY22 sales were JPY1387m up 69% from JPY823m in the pcp
  • So, the FY23 forecast has been increased to JPY2100m from JPY1900m, which if achieved would be +67% on the PCP

So, the product is doing well in Japan, albeit at a muck lower price point that planned for the US. Reasons for success in recent reports have been cited as:

• "Ecclock sales amount increased thanks to increased disease recognition of primary axillary hyperhidrosis." and
  • "For Ecclock, net sales increased due to release of twist-type bottle and increased recognition of primary axillary hyperhidrosis" 

Of course, thinking about this sales growth profile, I will contradict what I wrote earlier today ... perhaps the EH assumptions for the US are OK after all.

Overall, I agree with you, it is very rare to see this kind of risk profile around a company at the pre-NDA approval stage. And because its a small cap, I expect there is some market inefficiency at play. Which is why I'm here!

NewbieHK
4 months ago

Hi @mikebrisy Those Kaken upgrades on Japan sales are significant. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more upgrades as it gains traction. i

I wonder if the earlier than expected re-submission potentially means an early than expected approval?

As was the case with this mornings ASX release. The indications and expectation was this re-submission would take place early in 2024.

Consequently, traders may be forced to enter earlier than they had planned in case they miss the pop on the official FDA notice.

Just a thought.

Nnyck777
4 months ago

Hi @NewbieHK,

I suspect you are right. I think in 30

days we are more than likely to get an announcement from FDA that there will be a fast track 2 month review which brings approval forward around March.

The fact safety data package from Kaken was sent early with this packet and this wasn’t due until March is a hint. Read between the lines they are under promising and will likely overdeliver. Which means a possible rollout and revenue April / May.

Possibly a final capital raise post FDA. Or to stir the pot they have been given a nudge and told we will take you over the quicker you get this approval the faster you get an offer?

Chagsy
4 months ago

@NewbieHK it would be great to think that approval and sales elsewhere in the developed world would mean the FDA approval would be a slam dunk. But it doesn’t. I’ve made a similar assumption before and lost heavily!

not a comment on the investment thesis for Botanix, just an observation