Forum Topics DRO DRO ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Added 4 months ago

I admit there was some scepticism at previous results, perceivably waiting for some evidence of scaling, but they have turned the screw in this quarter. We are finally seeing some evidence of operating leverage and we get a glimpse of how profitable this business could be with the margins, razor blade model and high-quality, sticky customer base it maintains.

5de884bb0c00df54de4691fa5f5a24a74a1e51.png

Cash receipts totalled 48m, and costs are frankly nowhere near it – with R&D the largest contributor. Further evidence that payments will be lumpy, and this will often appear scary when we see high R&D, marketing, and staff costs without much intake. But this is a reminder of the nature of the business and the industry they operate.

Cash holdings increase from an already impressive 37m to 57.8m. With 58m in the bank and almost 50m received this quarter, all of a sudden the market cap of 220m seems incredibly attractive.

With an order backlog of 30m and ongoing collaboration with Lockheed Martin, the short-term outlook appears sound. With the company moving to a new Sydney-based facility (3x the space of the existing facility) you get the impression that management are confident of continued growth. We also get some hints from Oleg and co, with them “targeting annual production capacity of 300-400m” and outsourcing “lower-margin manufacturing to trusted third parties” to enable further scaling as needed. In truth, I remain concerned that one of the US giants will come knocking to obtain their IP, which would be a real shame for shareholders (in my view, anyway). Until that day comes, provided they continue to kick goals like they have done the last 12-24 months, I will remain a happy holder.

Rudyboy
4 months ago

Don't forget the R and D tax concession brings back 43 - 46% of that spend, so the number could be almost double and then the cheque contras it.....just a thought.

Strawman
4 months ago

A happy holder here too @Rocket6 -- and agree that the results are very encouraging.

When we caught up with the CEO about 5 months ago, he essentially told us to expect $70m in FY inflows, and the company managed to post a slight beat with $73.5m -- 5x what they did in the prior year. Most of this came in the final quarter, itself 5x higher than the previous record.

He also suggested $300-500m in revenue within 5 years when we met with him, which seems increasingly possible given the sales momentum and strong (albeit depressing) tailwinds.

We've all had a reminder of the perils of focusing only on top-line growth in recent years, so to see a strong FY pre-tax profit of $4m and a cash balance of almost $58m is very satisfying. A PE of (roughly) 55x doesn't seem outrageous given there's around $400m in the sales pipeline.

I'll see if Oleg is available for another call after the audited results are out in Feb.

NewbieHK
4 months ago

@Rocket6 if I see it correctly I read it as R&D spend @ 269k with product manufacturing and costs at 14.66m as the greatest cost. I think by not having a space between these two costs one could read it as R&D. A little bit of slight of hand perhaps? Or someone simple forgot to hit return? Anyway great results and reflects as @Strawman noted what Oleg told us when he spoke to us.

Rocket6
4 months ago

@NewbieHK you are spot on, I only had time for a quick read this evening and was wondering about COGS throughout the day. Should have checked your comment and re-consulted the announcement. I plan to get stuck into it in more detail tonight. Thanks for pointing that out.