Forum Topics DTL DTL #H1 FY24 Results

Pinned straw:

Added 4 months ago

Data#3 to report strong 1H FY24 earnings growth BRISBANE, Tuesday 16 January 2024: Australia’s leading IT services and solutions provider, Data#3 Limited (ASX: DTL) announces that its consolidated net profit before tax for the first half of FY24 is expected to be between $30 million and $31 million (1H FY23: $24.6 million), exceeding the $27 million to $29 million guidance range provided at the AGM in October 2023. The final result is subject to the completion of the interim accounts and audit review. The result reflects increased activity and is inclusive of interest income substantially higher than FY23, earned as a result of the company’s effective working capital management, improved deposit rate and strong debt-free balance sheet. The Board intends to announce the detailed audited first half results and interim dividend on 15 February 2024. Management will also host a market briefing at 11:00am (AEDT) following the release.

edgescape
4 months ago

Classic stock for the bottom drawer. Just wished I added on the flash crash a few months ago instead of watching it fall...

Strawman
4 months ago

This will make you feel better @edgescape

09ae8b8e6bb1939db74da79036323d8460e858.png

Actually felt pretty good about it for a time, as shares continued to drop to about 58c.

Fortunately, I'm such a great investor today that I NEVER make such silly mistakes anymore..

66c1ea6af0183263b1595aad96674560fcc33d.gif

edgescape
4 months ago

@Strawman

Cheers for being so transparent!

I first got into Data#3 during the early stage of the pandemic trying to catch the falling knife.

Of course it kept falling down to $2.50.

Then I think they had a bad half year after Covid started leveling off when the Working Capital increased from supply chain issues and I bought the dip again, this time lower than the recent director buys.

So in those occasions, this was the only tiime the BTFD succeeded. Should have listened to my instinct and bought a bit more on the recent crash.

But given the margins hardly ever move, I'm hoping another misstep will present itself.

I also liked how yesterday (18-Jan-24) the share price closed at $8.88. 888 is a lucky number in Chinese culture. Wonder if anyone was lucky enough to buy shares at that price?

BoredSaint
3 months ago

I think the significance of this upgrade has been slightly understated.

It's the first time that 1H NPBT will be higher than the previous half (2H FY23). Given its normal skew towards the 2H, we could see a very good uplift in NPBT for the full year.

Valuation probably the only issue for me. At $9+ its probably too expensive to add. Looking at around $7.50 but will update it once the audited results are in.

Disc: Held IRL and on Strawman.