Forum Topics DTC DTC ASX Announcement

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

Looks like the acquisition of $DTC by Ideagen is progressing, with the market assuming the deal with likely complete based on today's announcement that the Deed has been signed.

ASX Announcement

At an acquisition price of $0.24 this deal looks very different depending on your perspective.

I held $DTC from July 2020 until June 2021, losing about half my capital when I concluded it was a cash incinerator that appeared unlikely to build a sustainable business. (Lots of historical threads on here). I got out at $0.87, and consider I dodged a bullet.

Of course, some clever (or lucky or both) souls bought shares earlier in 2023 at $0.065. Those who held are laughing all the way to the bank with a 3-bagger in less than a year. Good on ya.

thunderhead
2 months ago

Good on ya for selling out when you did @mikebrisy. My predisposition to buy and hold meant I held on for far too long - I have a position sizable enough to make the loss sting, but far from terminal - that's about the only good thing I can say about my handling of this.

We have yet another loss making, cash burning tech stock being picked up while still trading at highly depressed levels. There have been a fair few of these in recent months. I entertained the thought of bottom-fishing but could not get myself to put more capital in harm's way behind any of these names. Nice one for those who took the punt - the rewards have been spectacular.

I can think of at least a few instances based on my holdings where buying at or near the depths would have paid off handsomely within a relatively short period of time - IHR, WSP, EML and BVS, but you also needed to have the (somewhat cavalier) courage and conviction to do that, and there was little reason to give any of these names the benefit of the doubt given their track records.

These may be good case studies for the circumstances under which such a purchase can be exercised, so the probability of realising a short-term return like they have posted is heightened, as opposed to throwing good money after bad.

Foolednomore
2 months ago

Totally in your boat with this and others like Limeade.

AUROPAL
3 months ago

I unfortunately already sold out of Damstra recently at $0.18, so I've missed out on this 33% upside :-(

Either way, I took a huge loss on this company. I had invested a lot in it on the way up due to thinking it was a good capital light, recurring revenue software business with blue chip clients.

I should have sold out a long time ago.