Forum Topics DUG DUG DUG valuation

Pinned valuation:

Added 3 months ago
Justification

Very very rough numbers..

FY23 NPAT of $4.9m from $50.9m revenue (Note these are in USD). So assuming around 10% net margins in the long term.

Q1FY24 update was an increase of revenue of 15%. If we assume this long term for 5 years then NPAT in FY28 will be around $10m USD or around $15m AUD (based on current exchange rates).

Assuming a terminal PE of 30x and SOI of around 120m gives us an FY28 share price of around $3.75. Discounting this back 10% pa gives a valuation of $2.32.

Again, these are very rough numbers for a company which has just past its inflection point in profitability. Also a company which is quite hard to read in what it actually does.. From what I understand, they process large data sets using their supercomputers.

Disc: Not held.

NewyRookie
3 months ago

Nice work

TycoonTerry
2 months ago

I feel bad that I missed this a few weeks ago.

It gives an interesting anchor to look at valuing this company moving forwards. I’ll add more comments to @Dominator post from today but I agree. Some red flags however generally on track

BoredSaint
2 months ago

Probably doesn’t help when the net margins halved for the current half… So yeh take it with a grain of salt but it’s a start at least.