Forum Topics PAA PAA ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Last edited 2 months ago

Monepantel MPL is a breakthrough drug for the treatment of ALS. Pharm Aust just delivered a master class in delivering complex biotech information and clinical results to the market.

A trading halt followed by release of top line results after market close with an investor webinar immediately following for Q and A and detailed explanation.

e2ff7e50f4d5d496b1dcb027a503d515463a4a.png

0b71deaa4ae53e0630dd728a44586532be26cd.png

To summarize the drug dosage for cohort 2 had a ALFRS-S score of -0.6 showing the rate of decline in symptoms slowed in ALS patients and their survival trajectory just expanded up to 56.5 months.

Remembering the nearest drug competitor Rylevrio extended life expectancy by 8-9 months.

The drug was well tolerated with minimal side- effects and no significant adverse events related to the drug.

594e0fe9d175e82078c836f36eea13ddfee900.png

MPL successfully crosses the blood brain barrier. Implications for MS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s are promising as @Quiltman pointed out.

c0324e8126234b72f2669dc773c9da51c10e04.png

No significant difference in lung capacity, cognitive scores and quality of life scores between pre-clinical and after 15 months on the drug.

The stronger dosing is more effective and will be carried through to the phase 2/3 trial. Remember they anticipate a price tag of around $20- $30 million to run this trial. Michael Thurn states there are multiple non dilutive funding options that they are currently exploring. @Rick clinical trials will be run in Australia. This drug brings some much needed hope back to the ALS community.

6cba773747f555ad6f8c6273716f8eafcd6a32.png

I was going to attach the latest investor presentation but the webpage keeps crashing as there is too much demand for the site.

Needless to say I will be continuing to build my position in PAA and I am very excited to see where MPL can lead. The company is aiming for accelerated FDA approval and this drug is possibly going to be rolled out and treating ALS patients by mid 2025 with full approval targeted for 2026.

Well done investors who found this company early on Strawman a very exciting day ahead.

Rick
2 months ago

Thank you for the phase1 study update @Nnyck777. This is very exciting news! Extending life expectancy for people with MND/ALS by 13.5 - 56.5 months would be incredible. I’ve shared the news with my brother in law. I hope he can benefit from it! :)

Rick
2 months ago

@Nnyck777 @Quiltman et al. Thank you for drawing my attention to Monepantel and PharmAust (PAA). After hearing Francesco De Stadis talk about Imugene on ‘The Call’ yesterday, he got me thinking about these types of businesses. Franscesco said “the way I think about it is, you can either donate to the charities, or donate to the companies doing the work in developing the treatments.” He went on to say that you might also get rewarded many times over for your support by investing in the companies.

I talked to my wife about this, and the great work PharmaAust are doing in developing Monepantel for MND/ALS and what a difference this could make to the quality of life for her brother and others with MND.

Today we made a sizeable “donation” by investing in PharmaAust, and perhaps rewarding some of the early investors who have been supporting the company to successfully get Monepantel to this stage.

We have no idea if this business will thrive or not, or if it will be financially viable for us or not. However, the work they have done so far and the work they will continue to do could be life changing for people all over the world who have MND/ALS and similar neurone disorders. We are delighted to be an investor in PharmAus’s work.