Forum Topics SWP SWP H1 FY2024 Results

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

294ae1b6ff30d86c5a259e8e2df17f8e941a5f.png

This is a company I review every 6 months and I can't understand why the market hates it so much - because I think they ARE making solid progress - although they didn't turn into the type of fast-growing Telco roll-up (growth via acquisition) story that some may have been hoping for, considering the pedigree of their Board and Management. Last night I used a graph of AVA over the past 3 years to underline that the market is not convinced they are growing and executing well with their business model and strategy. Well, Swoop (SWP), which I DO continue to hold, looks a LOT worse than AVA in terms of their share price graph, so share price movements can contain some information, but, in my opinion, not all information. The market has bid Swoop up +7.14% today so far, as I type this (or +1.5 cps from 21 to 22.5 cps) but they've come down a LONG way over the past couple of years:

80798c61ccdb544cf00c3bbef3848b527a2e18.png

They have made some business decisions that the market hasn't been keen on, like pursuing regional broadband internet connectivity programs using both fixed and wireless models - see here: Vic govt taps Swoop for regional fixed wireless rollout - Telco - CRN Australia

Plain text: https://www.crn.com.au/news/vic-govt-taps-swoop-for-regional-fixed-wireless-rollout-603489

207ddf1fee4754eb2ab6669267b95b645e5281.png

And here: Victorian Government partners with Swoop for the Connecting Victoria program (telconews.com.au)

Plain text: https://telconews.com.au/story/victorian-government-partners-with-swoop-for-the-connecting-victoria-program

Here's Swoop's Report Today: Swoop-H1FY24-Results-Announcement.PDF

And their Presentation: Swoop H1FY24 Investor Briefing

And here's the first page of that Results Announcement:

1b4e0929216bd575f1a74a0dc1b67335a8b0ea.png

Not quite free cashflow positive, but the trajectory is good:

4854c3afb733dee6a9138111772c3e663a8cf2.png

Also, both revenue and gross margins are improving and costs in terms of Opex/Revenue (%) is decreasing, so their core business is scaling OK. I could be wrong to keep Swoop and sell AVA - time will tell. Swoop look like they are making solid progress and my review today has resulted in me deciding to continue to hold them.

They have high management and board ownership, - with a few of them being substantial shareholders - and Andrew and Nicola Forrest's Tattarang is a cornerstone investor as well, and Tattarang remain invested in Swoop.

occy
2 months ago

I've been an NBN customer of Swoop for around 6 months and also recently switched to Moose (a subsidiary of Swoop) for my mobile as a great deal from them popped up on OzBargain not too long back and I am so far very happy with both. I also picked up a small parcel of shares back in August as the quality of management piqued my interest along with their aggressive M&A activity as I find having an investement, even a tiny one, keeps me engaged with the goings on of the business. This morning I ended up purchasing a half allocation after reading their results as it seems that the business is trending in the right direction and as @Bear77 states, the price does seem very attractive around these levels.