Forum Topics SGI SGI 1H FY24 Results

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

$SGI has officially released their 1H FY24 Results.

ASX Announcement

Results identical to those presented on the 16th. So no new commentary required.

The funny thing is, this announcement was tagged "Price Sensitive". Its funny because this time there isn't any new information. Whereas, last time there was new information and it wasn't tagged. In fact, it wasn't even released before the presentation.

Oh dear .... more Hanlon at play, I fear.

Overall - a good result, nonetheless. Investor presentation tomorrow.

Disc: Held in RL and SM

Strawman
2 months ago

Glad you said that @mikebrisy -- I couldn't spot anything new either, although I may have missed the 12% EBITDA margin on incremental revenue (even if that was implied in the initial numbers)

The announcement snafu aside, things seem to be playing out nicely.

BkrDzn
2 months ago

My favourite part of SGI reporting is that their FCF metric is before leases. $2.5m becomes ~$1.6m and the change in working cap was +$1.6m in their favour so not sure how sustainable that FCF rate is in the 2H. That said, P&L looks solid and biz is ticking in the right direction.

mikebrisy
2 months ago

@Strawman you are correct and good to call it out. Until now I think Mike has only voiced it over and I don't think it has been in print. I recall he said it in the last SM Meeting and he also did in the Share Cafe presentation. It is an important metric - if they maintain it - as it provides a key valuation scenario.

Strawman
2 months ago

Yeah probably fair to include the principal component of lease payments in FCF, as least as we should envision it @BkrDzn. Although good to see there's still a $1m cash inflow for the period, even when debt repayments are considered also.

Yeah @mikebrisy, i hope they continue to report this. Critical to understand how well they are leveraging their fixed costs.