Forum Topics NEU NEU Bull Case

Pinned straw:

Last edited a month ago

An excellent summary of where Neuren stands and potential acquisition value. See below

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/neuren-where-to-from-here-2024-03-23

callawood
a month ago

Great work @Nnyck777 and @mikebrisy lm sure you and all the company followers are all over the different commentary’s. For those who are interested in further great analysis on Hashan De Silva’s report on Livewire. Taken from a different forum and all credit to Kjp1969 (full post)

Happy Easter to all

“Hashan has done an excellent job of discussing Neuren’s potential.  However, an otherwise excellent report is marred by several significant errors and unjustified assumptions that render many of his numbers invalid.

A strong statement perhaps, but I’ll back up this up with evidence and some simple maths anyone can double-check.

These issues make a huge difference to the numbers.Some cause large overestimates, some large underestimates.  I’ve done my best to correct for these errors and also explore a fuller range of valuation options that Hashan has not covered. Read on to see where this takes us. 

Hashan starts his analysis by estimating a value for Daybue (Retts only).  Daybue for Retts is pretty far advanced now so there's plenty of numbers to plug into his calculations.  So this part of the valuation is arguably solid.  He comes up with AU$2.7b-AU$3.6b, or $21-$29 a share. Of this valuation AU$1.2b is allocated to the ROW market (meaning he’s estimated ROW is worth 50%-80% of the US market, a point I’ll return to later). 

This leads to the remarkable conclusion (not news for many of us) that Daybue Retts accounts for the entirety of Neuren’s current market valuation.  As Jon has emphasised multiple times, NNZ-2591 is the key value driver of Neuren looking forward. Yet it appears to account for zero value currently. This clearly makes no sense from any perspective. On this alone we can conclude Neuren represents an investment with almost zero downside (can’t discount NNZ-2591 any lower than zero)

Appropriately, most of Hashan’s analysis then focuses on NNZ-2591.  Using estimates of patient numbers, drug pricing, market penetration he’s estimated peak sales of AU$22b for the current four Phase II indications. 

He then applies a Probability of Success (POS) (i.e. probability drug gets through to approval) for each disease:

Phelan-McDermid: Phase III  30%

Angelman:  Phase II  15%

Pitt-Hopkins:  Phase II  15%

Prader-Willi:  Phase II  10%

This gives an average sales weighted POS of 19% (81% discount) across all diseases.

Then using a “typical price-to-sales ratio for pharma of approximate ~3x” he says “this results in a risked valuation for NNZ-2591 of ~US$12.3b”.  He then discusses updating the numbers using Skylarys 4.8x price-to-sales ratio.

Hashan comes up with some big numbers.  However, there’s some serious issues with pretty much all of them.

Firstly, comparing the patient numbers in his Table 4 vs those Neuren has provided for the US market Hashan has almost double the total patients - 128k vs Neuren’s 66k.

Hashan Neuren

Phelan-McDermid 40k  24k

Angelman  27k  19k

Pitt-Hopkins  29k  6k

Prader-Willi  32k  17k

Where did he get these wildly different numbers from?

If you calculate them out it appears Hashan has taken the estimated prevalence rates which he listed in Table 1 (and which also don't match Neuren's) and applied this to the total US population.  And he's taken the upper bound prevalence estimates for all indications. For example, he appears to show Pitt-Hopkins as 1/11,000-1/41,000 (Neuren shows 1/34,000-1/41,000).  Divide the US population 330 million by 11,000 and you get ~30k (very close to Hashan's ~29k). 

In doing a conservative analysis why would you take the upper bound prevalence rate?  And where did he get these rates from?  Neuren at least is using the mid-point.  I love this numbers, but I think the credibility of the analysis is improved significantly if we stick with Neuren's own numbers.  Doing this halves the peak sales number.

Next we have an obvious error.  The numbers in Table 4 are in AUD (multiply them out using USD/AUD of 0.65 to confirm this).  However, when Hashan multiplies his risk adjusted peak revenue by 3 he suddenly swaps out AUD for USD.  $4.1b x 3 = $12.3b.  But its AU$12.3b, not US$12.3b as he's written.  A typo perhaps?  Maybe, but it's not a small error - it gives a valuation 50% higher than it should be.

After coming up with $12.3b using a 3x price/sales Hashan goes on to suggest a more appropriate ratio might be the 4.8x implied by the recent Skyclarys sale.  Hashan then adjusts his numbers to a higher acquisition value based on this

Actually no, he then skips on finishing this train of logic and instead suddenly drops in a mysterious 90-95% discount (“to account for clinical and regulatory risks”), to finish with a LOWER acquisition value of “US$5.3b – US$10.6b”.

Hashan's original model in Table 4 showed an average discount of 81% (avg POS of 19%).  But now he’s changed this (without any reasoning) to a 90-95% discount.  This is a POS of 5%-10%, just 25%-50% of his first model's values. Perhaps this is to help compensate for the overvaluation introduced by his earlier error?  Either way, it makes no sense as I'll cover in detail below.

So what about the US$5.3b-US$10.6b?  Firstly, as already indicated, these should be AUD.  Secondly, when he refers to this as the “acquisition value” he must be talking about NNZ-2591 only because (1–0.95)*22*4.8 = 5.3b and (1–0.9)*22*4.8 = 10.6b.  So he's left out his just completed Daybue valuation. However, the numbers are so thoroughly wrong by this point it probably doesn't matter.

Putting aside why Hashan has made so many errors and unqualified assumptions the more interesting question is what happens if we correct for these and plug in credible (as in evidence based) values for the POS?

A first step is a detailed look at the POS.  Choosing this correctly has an enormous effect on the valuation.  Poorly justified POS/discount factors are one of the biggest problems I have with all analysts reports I’ve read to date on Neuren. Analysts consistently use drug phase success discount factors that seem to be pulled from nowhere.

How do we correctly estimate the POS?  I'm not an industry expert nor a qualified analyst, so I'll just try some common sense. And common sense suggests to me a sensible unbiased approach would be to use average success rates based on historical trial success rates.  And the good thing her is there's enormous publicly available datasets covering hundreds of thousands of drug trials.  With such huge datasets calculating statistically valid historical drug success rates is possible.  And in fact there are plenty of high quality research papers that have done this.

For example, a 2016 paper looking at data from 2000 to 2015 covering 9,985 transitions for 7,455 clinical drug development programs across 1,103 companies https://www.bio.org/sites/default/files/legacy/bioorg/docs/Clinical Development Success Rates 2006-2015 - BIO, Biomedtracker, Amplion 2016.pdf calculated:

POS All indications - Phase II to Approval: 15%

POS All indications - Phase III to Approval:  49.6%

Because these datasets are so large its possible to filter down to specific disease areas and still have a large enough N (number of studies) to maintain statistically valid numbers.  Looking at Neurology drugs only this study found:

POS Neurology - Phase II to Approval: 14%

POS Neurology - Phase III to Approval: 48%

Not much different from the average.  More relevant perhaps was a drill-down into just Orphan diseases (N=~1300), which found a doubling in the Phase II to Approval POS.

POS Orphan - Phase II to Approval: 33%

POS Orphan - Phase III to Approval: 66%

Possibly this makes sense as the Orphan drug framework is designed to tilt the playing field and make it easier to bring Orphan drugs to market, with lower thresholds for study size, effect sizes, etc

There are further studies published by Hay et al (2014) and Thomas et al (2016) who variously give Phase II to Approval of 15% - 16% and Phase III to Approval of 50%.

One of the most recent and highest quality paper appears to be this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6409418/.Published in 2019 by several MIT researchers it has a very high 1,395 citations (number of citations is often used as a measure of research quality/significance). It analysed data from a truly gigantic 185,994 trials.

They found much higher success rates than earlier studies in Phase II.

POS All indications - Phase II to Approval: 35%

POS All indications - Phase III to Approval: 59%

Reasons they provide for the difference is that some of the most promising drugs skip Phase II altogether, something not captured by other research, and there are also combined Phase 1/2 and Phase 2/3 trials that were not classified by other studies. 

Drilling down into CNS only (i.e. excluding oncology, infections diseases, etc) the results were noticeably lower.  Pretty similar to the earlier studies above.

POS CNS - Phase II to Approval: 19.5%

POS CNS - Phase III to Approval: 51%

This is one of the few studies that drills down into Orphan drugs studies in significant detail. Unlike the earlier study finding of an improved POS for Orphan drugs they found the opposite.  They don't discuss why this might be that I could find.

POS Orphan - Phase II to Approval: 12.7%

POS Orphan - Phase III to Approval: 47%

Drilling down even further into just CNS Orphan diseases (what we're most interested in) the results were even worse.

POS CNS - Orphan Phase II to Approval: 8.3%

POS CNS - Orphan Phase III to Approval: 32%

This implies a Ph II success rate of just 26% (8.3%/32%), a pretty low number which I'll discuss again later.

It should be noted that neurodevelopment disorders (what we're interested in) is just one segment of CNS disorders (which also include neurodegenerative disorders, demyelinating diseases, cerebrovascular disease, etc).

Perhaps its not unexpected that CNS Orphan diseases show such a low success rate.  We already know that CNS orphan drug development has been particularly unsuccessful area historically.  I think I remember a prior hotcopper post about a string of repeated CNS drug failures at one of the big Pharma (hottod re Pfizer?).

We also know that Daybue is the only approved neurodevelopment orphan drug to date. Which implies all the others failed…

That was alot of detail. But I wanted to show that, unlike Hashan and other analysts appear to be doing, I'm not pulling numbers out of thin air.

So if we just base our analysis on the historical success rate of CNS Orphan drugs as calculated by our the highly cited research source, then 8.3% and 32% are the numbers to put into the model (being completely objective about whether we think NNZ-2591 is special or not).

Contrasting this with the numbers Hashan used in his model

Phase Table 4 90-95% disc Wong et al (2019) MIT

Phelan-McDermid Phase III  30%  5%-10%  32%

Angelman  Phase II  15%  5%-10%  8.3%

Pitt-Hopkins  Phase II  15%  5%-10%  8.3%

Prader-Willi  Phase II  10%  5%-10%  8.3%

Putting all this into a corrected model (with Neuren's patient numbers, and sticking with AUD) and then multiplying by the price/peak-sales of 3x for the conservative end, and 4.8x for the less conservative we get a range of between AU$5.8b to AU$9.2b. Adding back in the lower bound Daybue valuation Hashan provided of $2.7b to the 3x value gives AU$8.5b for a lower end valuation.  Adding the upper bound Daybue value of AU$3.6b to our 4.8x value gives AU$12.8b as the upper end valuation.  This gives a range of $67 - $102 per share.

This is then the estimated CURRENT acquisition value of Neuren. i.e. the value as of today.

Not as good as US$10b perhaps, but don't worry, because this valuation still ignores ROW.

ROW was important enough to include in the Daybue valuation. In fact it Hashan valued it at 50% - 80% of the US market valuation, even though Daybue is yet to be approved in any ROW market. 

So is 50% to 80% of the US market value a reasonable valuation for ROW NNZ-2591?

Doing a common sense check using available information on the US drug market vs the ROW market I’ve found the US represents a little below 50% of the world drug market by revenue (staggering when you think about that).  I’ve read estimates ranging from 42% to 45%.  For Orphan drugs I could only find one source that suggested 53%.

I could dig further, however, I don't think its controversial to suggest that to a first approximation ROW has the same revenue potential as the US.

That said, it will definitely be less profitable, with lower average drug prices and regulatory approval to be obtained (and customers to be supported) in many countries, not just one like the US.  But still has significant value (one reason why Acadia paid US$100m up front for it for Daybue). 

I’d therefore suggest it seems reasonable to apply a ROW value for NNZ-2591 of at least 50% of the US market value. This discounts its size 50% due to lower profitability. 

Adding in ROW for NNZ-2591 we get an updated‘acquisition value’ of AU$11b – AU$17b or $90 to $138 per share. Once again I’d emphasise this is a theoretical current value (not the future value).

Now lets return to the POS again.  I've have used the historical averages for CNS Orphan drugs, which is what you'd choose if you knew nothing a priori about about NNZ-2591.  Based upon a historically abysmal 25% Ph II success rate and just 32% Ph III you'd need, on average, 12 drug candidates to get one to Approval.

However, lets add a bit of Bayesian reasoning.  How many drug candidates has Neuren put through Ph II/III trials to date?  Two I believe - Retts and Phelan-McDermid.  What's Neuren's Ph II success rate so far?  100%. Its Ph III success rate?  100%.  Are these independent variables?  No. Both Daybue and NNZ-2591 work through the same mechanism of action - normalising IGF-1 in the brain.  This means these successful results reinforce each other.

The lower the initial probability of success the greater the relative increase in confidence for the later trials after already getting a successful result. If the average success was 75% and you got two successes in a row that would tell you little about future success likelihood. However, if the average success is 25% then the likelihood of 2 consecutive Ph II successes is only 6.25%. Our a priori successes makes a huge difference.

I haven't tried putting these numbers into a Bayesian model (will look at that later), but I suspect we'd end up with the 25% Ph II increasing to >50% (2 priors) and the Ph III increasing to about 50% (1 prior).

This also passes the common sense test.  Do most of us feel like the chances of the next 3 Ph II trials being positive remain just 25% each?  I don't think so.

Updating our model with the higher numbers NNZ-2591 clearly warrants (the exact numbers could be argued, but they are definitely alot higher) I get an updated current day valuation of AU$25b to AU$39B, or $138 to $215 per share. Those priors make a BIG difference.

However, we still haven't finished exploring the full value of Neuren.

As we all know, and Hashan also emphasised to good effect, if NNZ-2591 is successful then these 4 indications won’t be the end of the story.  There is still Fragile-X (with 3x potential patients of Retts) of course. But there's also dozens more neurodevelopment disorders that could be targeted, not to mention the still open question of Autism, and neurodegenerative disorders (open because there are some good arguments for only sticking to neurodevelopment orphan diseases).

Its not to imagine this could produce additional revenue at least equal to the current four NNZ-2591 indications being targeted.  In Hashan’s words, “NNZ-2591 is a pipeline in a drug”.  An acquirer will not be blind to this potential.  So why should we.  And I’m sure Neuren management aren’t.  In fact, there has been suggestion that the current four disorders were carefully chosen to the best evidence for wider drug application. These other indications could be many worth multiples the current ones (although with patents due to expire eventually the window for exploring them will will start to close). 

It seems reasonable to me this additional potential could add another 50% to our acquisition value.There is no question in my mind large acquirer would be vigorously pursuing many more diseases.  Adding an uplift for this potential raises our valuation still further to AU$25b-AU$39b, or $196 - $308 a share.

So now what happens if the next 3 Ph II trials are positive?  This means our model would now shift to 50% for Ph II to Approval. (As an aside, 47% is the NORMAL historical Ph II to Approval POS reported in the research for Orphan drugs once you shrug off the CNS specific Orphan failure curse, which we assuredly have).

Now we're up to $326-$515 per share.  This is were we may be (with respect to calculating a fair acquisition value for Neuren) by end of this year all going to plan.

What if Neuren takes all four through to Approval? This might take 3-5 years.  But if Neuren goes it alone, is successful, and then sells, we're now looking at $630-$1002 per share. 

CSL here we come .

Believe it or not there are still more areas left we could argue for yet further upside valuation in the above analysis.  A few examples:

Hashan states “if NNZ-2591 delivers comparatively superior efficacy with a similar or better safety profile, it can be priced at a premium to Daybue.”  As he mentions, the initial results for NNZ-2591 suggests strongly that it may have better efficacy and almost certainly a better side-effect profile, thus potentially justifying a higher price.

Yet in his model (and in the analysis above) the pricing has been kept at $375k.  Based upon his reasoning shouldn’t it be higher?  Maybe $475k?  or $575k after discounts?  The pricing seems in the model seems to be, based upon the evidence, on the conservative side. 

Hashan also talked alot about long term persistence rates, converting the 37.7% of patients reporting improvements on Daybue into a 37.7% long term market penetration for Retts. Putting aside whether this logic stacks up (it doesn't...) there is the question of long term market penetration. Hashan has modeled 30% for NNZ-2591.

I can't find good data on the historical penetration rates for Orphan drugs.  I found just 1 paper, which showed penetration rates from 1% to 77%, an enormous range.

I would expect it must depend upon a huge number of variables - disease severity, ease of diagnosis, drug effectiveness, side effect profile, etc.  NNZ-2591 looks quite favourable in these respects, and also appears likely to be a better performing drug than Daybue based upon initial results.  For example, although 37.7% of Retts patients have apparently recorded symptom improvement, the Phelan McDermid Ph II trial recorded improvement in 16 of the 18 subjects which is 89%.  This all argues for a higher penetration rate than Daybue.  Of course, we don't know what the final penetration rate of Daybue is yet either.

In conclusion I can't find any data on which to base a possible range of penetration rates. However, I can look at what would happpen if the penetration rate was 50% instead of 30%, which seems a potentially plausible upside scenario. This would increase the peak sales by 40%.  This increases the risk adjusted (for today's situation) valuation from $99 to $153 per share to $151 - $236 per share.  Add in ROW & an uplift for additional drug indications and we increase from the previous $196-$308 a share to $313-$495 a share.  If all Ph II positive the previous $325-$515 per share increases to $529-$840 per share.  If Neuren brings all to approval, $630-$1002 now becomes $1040-$1650 a share.

So increasing the penetration rate makes a BIG difference.  The key point is there is still a great deal of upside in the model.

But wait there's more! 

With the recent revolution in Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Hashan's 2x overestimate of market size could end up having some validity.  I'll put up another post on this shortly, but this has the potential to be revolutionary for genetically based rare diseases, and the timing of this revolution is perfect for Neuren.

A few final comments.

Firstly, whether price-to-peak-sales that Hashan has used is the best valuation methodology is an open question.  I think DCF is still the best method.  I haven't had time to update my Neuren DCF model with all the latest data above, but will do so sometime soon and post what I get out the other end.

Secondly a comment on analysts.  It seems like I've been doing a beat-up on Hashan. However Hashan is still my favourite analyst by far.  He's one of the few willing to properly explore the value of Neuren AND explain his modelling. Most analysts make vague comments about using DCF models, but seldom present any details of the analysis for others to critique.  The more time I've spent researching pharmaceutical valuations the less confidence I have in these analysts. 

For example, how on earth can you put real numbers into any model and magically spit out the $29.01 target share price Petra Capital has published.  I'd say this is not possible.  The chances your model outputs something just a few $ shy of the current share price is zero.  Furthermore, any modelling has enormous uncertainties and if you're doing it properly you'll get a range, not an exact share price target accurate to 1c.

Perhaps this explains why most analysts don't reveal details of their modelling.  And it leads to my feeling that analyst 'target share prices' are actually based upon a formula more along the lines of [Current Share Price] x (1 + 0.25 x F) where F is a number between 0 and 1 selected based upon how I'm feeling today combined with yesterday's weather forecast.

Finally, I've criticised Hashan for his errors, but I probably have errors in my analysis too! “

Fantastic in-depth research @callawood

So much more to think about, and increasing up-side potential the more I dig into Neuren

Thanks for these rgoughts and the basis behind your calculations

mikebrisy
a month ago

Thanks for sharing this @callawood. With my time off over Easter, I've only just now given your post a second reading.

The analysis gets at the key point I made on Hashan's paper regarding the POS through the progressions of PI to PII to PIII, with multiple indications. If the common thread to both trofinetide and NNZ-2591 is achieving their therapeutic effect via normalising IGF-1 in the brain for all indications, then the POS of progression through to approval has some correlation between the indications, rather than being indepedent events. The post is right in that the basis for Hashan's calculations are unclear - at least to me, but I still have to go back into it when I have more time.

@KJP1969 has gone into this in quite some depth, but the high level conclusion is directionally the same. With one or more successes in the trials underway, NNZ-2591 stands to make $NEU a significant multi-bagger. Do the broader benefits of IGF-1 normalisation beyond the currently identified indications mean that, taken together, $NEU is at an early stage of becoming Australia's next $CSL? It seems that is a possiblity. However, if @KJP1969's analysis has any credence, then one of the giants in CNS (incl. Roche, Pfizer, Novartis, J&J) will be on to it and better able to value $NEU than the market. One point of the post is that we can't really see the scientific underpinning of analyst reports, and perhaps there isn't one. KJP1969 seems to imply that, therefore, analysts will tend to anchor to recent share prices, rather than the true risked value.

This is, in part, why my money remains on big pharma waltzing in and snapping this up in the next year or two. For example, consider Pfizer: in 2023 it expensed about US$11bn on R&D, while spending a further $43bn on M&A.

Is it worth me doing more work on this? I don't think so at the moment, because I am at my maximum position size. While I have soul-searched and challenged myself that my holding could be too small, there is a reasonable chance it could all go pear-shaped. So, I have decided to sit on what I have got, and allow the position to scale as the newsflow unfolds,...or not as the case may be. If it is the next $CSL, then actually, my position size is already sufficient to be life-changing.

I still consider that the current SP potentially undervalues trofinetide and values NNZ-2591 at $0. So, I am holding a free option on NNZ-2591. I'm quite happy about that. As long as there is a chance of a massive upside, I'll not be taking profits on this one.

callawood
a month ago

Hi  @BendigoInvesto  

I would be dreaming to think I could do analysis like that. LOL.  All credit to @KJP1969 who was on a different forum but I thought it was worthy of highlighting here. 

@mikebrisy Great post once again. Very much my sentiment at the moment and with the “free”option on NNZ-2591 any success could be quite dramatic. 

held RL and strawman

mikebrisy
a month ago

@Nnyck777 great article, and I need to get my head around it properly. However, it is good to see an attempt to place a value on NNZ-2591.

In this post, I just want to put the analysis in the context of my own valuation.... so I am really just thinking out loud.

Basically, I've built a DCF for DAYBUE covering a few market penetration, timing, and patient attrition scenarios. I've then done a "proxy evaluation" for NNZ-2591 by adjusting the decline you might expect for DAYBUE after 8-10 years to account for successful commercialisation of NNZ-2591.

My range of SP results ($16, $32, $50) correspond to market caps of c. ($2.0bn, $4.1bn, $6.4bn), against a market cap today of $2.6bn

Hashan puts the value of $NEU based on DAYBUE alone at $2.7-$3.6bn. So we are in pretty good agreement there, even if my upsides kind of account for NNZ-2591, which Hashan's doesn't.

At today's SP we are essentially getting a conservative valuation just of the value of DAYBUE.

Now, the risk adjusted valuation for NNZ-2591 is estimated to be US$5.3 - US$10.6bn or A$8.2 - 16.3bn, using the M&A mulitples/analogues, if I am reading the paper correctly, excluding the value of NNZ-2591 that lies in the rights held by $ACAD for Retts and Fragile X.

This far exceeds the highly generic assumptions I am holding in my model, and I think over the coming weeks and months, I want to study this more deeply. Because, if the analysis holds any water, you have to believe that it is only a matter of time before $NEU is taken out by big pharma (which I think you have previously argued).

The limitation with the risked analysis of NNZ-2591, is that the valuation and risking across the 4 indications is (I think) assuming independence of success. That is to say, they are being analysed as if they were four separate drugs. (I need to read the paper more carefully).

I'm not sure how the M&A teams at big pharma would view this - I don't have the clinical knowledge to even guess. However, as we start to get more of the Phase 2 results coming through this year from the other indications, that will start to provide the necessary insights. If, the results flow from Phase 2 for NNZ-2591 trials continue to be positive through this year, we will see further SP catalysts, however, (and this is my key insight) I think the M&A teams of potential acquirers will be better at assessing the clinical relevance for the analysis set out in Table 4 than the market. This is where deep clinical expertise gives you an edge.

Hashan's analysis leads me to believe that M&A following further NNZ-2591 newsflow is even more likely that I had previously considered.

The final insight, is that updating valuations of $NEU based on movements in success of DAYBUE, quarter by quarter, is almost irrelevant given how much of the value potentially lies in NNZ-2591. Of course, this is an opportunity for an acquirer. For example, We will see a soft result for Q1 2024, for reasons covered previously. Analysts will potenially market down DAYBUE as a result, which could lead to a SP correction. That would be prime time for an aqcuirer.

$NEU is the only stock in my potfolio which has this kind of super-upside potential, so I am very happy to contine to hold a full allocations.

I hope the M&A advisors the $NEU board appointed last year do some robust analysis. It would be a shame to see $NEU sold off for a "paltry" $4bn or $5bn. ;-)

Exciting times ahead.

Disc: Held in RL and SM

Nnyck777
a month ago

Hi @mikebrisy without spending tonnes of time building theoretical models I am looking at it as follows (quick summary)

1. Daybue is the test run case we can keep it simple and as Jon said each of the 4 indications are 4x population size
  2. Guestimate say $32 valuation for Daybue - mind you the attrition rate is likely going to be lower with NNZ2591 (so that can be built into the model) $32 x 4 x 4 indications =$512 discount back risk etc
  3. This was a super crude way to think about it when I first started thinking about Neu

Jon states 30 indications so far.

All Paediatric orphan drugs Imagine will have to go through the phase 3 clinical trials and prove efficacy. I see off label use as unlikely, given the vulnerable populations (interested in your opinion). Now certainly am not saying $512 a share is the price point that we should expect to receive. Daybue cost $100 million plus to pass through phase 3 so there would be large expenses for a pharma to take on to develop this drug but yes I do believe this would be treated as an individual drug for each case given these requirements. I will try and find examples of precedent on the weekend. Although that will be challenging in this neuro Paediatric space.

The comparison to Skyclaris was good to see again. There was 1 use case for this drug, no further trials in the pipeline and a much smaller population size, age limitations and it still sold for US $7.3 Billion. This puts NNZ2591 in a league of its own with the only potential complication being the loss of two indications to Acadia.

The uptake rate comparison between Skyclaris and Daybue really drives the value of NEU and NNZ2591 home for me.

The cost differential of Skyclaris.and NNZ2591 is also likely to lean in Neu’s favor $575k plus for each indication. Ever since seeing the Biogen deal in my mind NNZ2591 has been potentially worth 4x that to be conservative if phase 2 trials pass. A $30 Billion seems insane until 4 x phase 3 successes but not impossible. At 4 x successful phase 2 I could certainly see $15 Billion as a realistic valuation for this company which equates to $182 a share. Obviously the earlier a Pharma strikes the bigger the discount.

I am pretty bullish. Happy for anyone to poke holes in my thinking. But very happy to have another Bullish friend out there in the form of Hashan De Silva.

mikebrisy
a month ago

Hah! @Nnyck777 Just when I pluck up the courage to believe that my upsides are probably a more reasonable expectation, you blow me right out of the water.

As I fully intend to hold my current allocation for the long term, all I will say is that I hope you are right and I am wrong!