Forum Topics DRO DRO Bull Case

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

What might be a bull case for Droneshield's business prospects is also likely a bear case for broader humanity. Depressing, huh? For those that haven't seen, tension in the middle east continues to escalate, with the latest conflict between Iran and Israel raising eyebrows globally.

Why is this relevant? Drone warfare once again appears to be at the forefront of the conflict. While I haven't been able to locate confirmation, reading between the lines, the Israeli's employ Droneshield's counter drone defence solutions. Supporting this is this article, with the Israeli's being a close ally of the five-eye alliance / coalition and highly likely the referred to party.

While the conflict in Gaza is controversial and blurred for many, any conflict with Iran (or Iraq) is likely more straightforward. The broader coalition are almost certain to a) support their close ally in Israel and b) look to curtail any Iranian aggression. This might lead to further interest in Dronshield's defence solutions by not just Israel but others in the coalition. Whatever the case, as one of few market leaders -- arguably the market leader -- Droneshield stands to benefit from continued use of drones in conflict.

Recent reporting by Droneshield themselves indicated "By simply being on the NSPA (NATO) framework, additional end-users are likely to place orders with Droneshield". Major non-NATO allies include Japan, South Korea and - you guessed it - Israel.

neke86_
3 months ago

That supporting article is from 2018, which tells you a little bit about this story stock.

Rocket6
3 months ago

@neke86_ yes it is - a clue that there were likely previous dealings between Israel and the business. That is it why I shared it as we don't have much else to go on.

neke86_
3 months ago

What are we supposed to infer from it? Droneshield's equipment was not present and in order on 7 October when Hamas used drones to initiate their attack on poorly manned sentry stations. And drones have not played a meaningful part in that conflict since, with Hamas not having anything like the supply chain of either Russia or Ukraine. The Israel/Iran axis of conflict is coming a null probably as I write this, and any rate the "drones" Iran used are actually uncrewed remote weapon systems and would not for a split second be inconvenienced by a plastic man portable EM gun as they hit the deck at a few km per second.

Genuine interest in counter-drone technology is more likely to come from the Saudis, Yemen, Turkey, or Lebanon, based on their threat profile. Similarly, anyone that wants to operate warships in the region needs an answer to drones, both airborne and seaborne. DroneShield does not offer this, but Electro Optic systems do have maritime sea-stabilized counter-drone platforms. EOS is a basket case, not recommending it, just pointing out the hardware requirements are vastly different.

GazD
3 months ago

I have zero expertise in this area but the mainstream media describes a lot of small drones being used in the conflict in Israel and Iran… I couldn’t exclude droneshield’s involvement or potential for it but maybe that’s me showing my ignorance