Forum Topics EVS EVS EVS valuation

Pinned valuation:

Added 2 months ago
Justification

My previous valuation (done in August of last year) was 15cps, and was based on the company hitting $90m in revenue by FY26 (about 15%pa top line growth) It also assumed better margins.

That doesnt seem reasonable anymore.

The company should do around $60m in revenue for FY24, and I'll grow that at 10% pa for 3 years to get $80m. On a 55% gross margin (generous) and $40m in OPEX you get close to $4m in pre-tax profit. So let's call it $3m in NPAT and apply a PE of 25 to get a market value of $75m.

That's $56m in present value (10% discount rate) or about 4.5cps. Let's call it 5 to get a nice round number.

That's a big drop from where I was (again a reminder of the sensitivity of these calcs), but i'm still assuming growth and a decent multiple.

Of course, you'd expect operating margins to improve over time and any demonstrable and profitable growth could well see EVS command a higher multiple. I modest tweak to things gets you to a much more bullish number.

I'm just not sure they deserve such assumptions at this stage.

I don't want to get stuck on false specificity, but the bottom line is that shares are probably around fair value (very broadly) if they do indeed manage to plod forward, and they are likely cheap if they accelerate growth and demonstrate a capacity to scale.

If growth slows, you'd have to consider shares expensive.

A reluctant hold for now. But the value prop suggests I should at least reduce my weighting, which I may do in the coming days.

RhinoInvestor
2 months ago

@Strawman Sounds fair … it was a pretty anemic Q3 update. I haven’t gone back to compare but the 7.7% churn over the last 12 months on Industrial (now including water which is new and shouldn’t have much churn) concerned me a bit.

Also lowest incremental ARR in the 5 periods charted in their Q3 update:

5eea41b9cc9b168c9364a9486f2b0f4dc022fa.png

The suggested solid finish to the year will also see incremental ARR down from 3.1m in the PCP by 20 to 33% if the forecasts are correct.

“In line with this focus, the Company is expecting a solid finish to the year with FY24 Q4 New ARR in the range of $2.0-2.5m and Project Sales in the range of $1.8-2.3m.”

Adding to this, the seemingly increasing mix of 3rd party equipment resale in their deals (not sure if the are classing that as ARR) which presumably reduces profitability is also a worry.

DISC: Held IRL and SM (but likewise considering if a near term exit would be wise)