Forum Topics ALC ALC Incoming speeding ticket?

Pinned straw:

Last edited 3 months ago

Up 20% today on 6x average volume with no news.

Have any subscription/stock picking services made a recommendation?

If it's a sign of an impending announcement, this is most welcome.

markeewan
3 months ago

News is from the Quarterly

nerdag
3 months ago

@markeewan after three weeks of the 4C being in the wild?

markeewan
3 months ago

18th of April was the date that price reversed direction and this was the date of the 4C release.

The price has been building since that Release and the Board have indicated that there is "no other information", so chances are the information in the 4C is enough for the market to pay more.

I read the announcement and it seemed quite positive, although I don't know enough about the Company to know whether this is now overstretched or not.

Personally I would now look for a retracement to around 5 cents over the next 6 weeks or so and then perhaps take an entry in July when tax-loss selling has finished and the chart is more developed.

1b32e2790b6cc2006d476b73b355dfd6ce7fa6.png

Remorhaz
3 months ago

25% now (which to be fair is only like 1.5c) - but looking on Sentieo there's nothing to see - no new public news, press releases, announcements, broker research (RBC at least covers ALC), etc since Apr 24th - yet...

jcmleng
3 months ago

ALC Speeding Ticket received. Standard response, nothing to see here .... keeps whatever dream we have for ALC alive, for now anyway ...!

nessy
3 months ago

Loose lips????

Something positive would be nice for holders.

thunderhead
3 months ago

Certainly trading like a big contract will be announced, or a takeover (like we have seen with many beaten-down companies which have all been taken out at relatively attractive prices - I have been at the receiving end of a few of those over the past 6-8 months).

Bear77
3 months ago

Probably not @thunderhead - based on their response late in the trading day today: Response-to-ASX-Price-Query-(ALC).PDF

They'd be treading on dangerous ground to say what they said there ("no idea boss!") ...and then announce a big contract or a takeover immediately afterwards.

More likely a microcap fund building a position, or a HNW individual or two accumulating a position.

8306302211d8224a9a94e82922508bb96e30ca.png

Click on the pic for the clip

thunderhead
3 months ago

Yes. I still wouldn't rule either of those outcomes out in the fullness of time, but seems to be no bueno for now.