Forum Topics JIN JIN Trading Update

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

Jumbo is giving a presentation at a Macquarie event today.

Included is a trading update for the first 10 months of the financial year:

7d6d1b1fb8963712cf448c178316fe6ebfeb49.png

Good growth is continuing, with increased service fees being somewhat offset by price increases.

If you pro-rata ytd performance, you get a FY24 TTV of $534m. They told us to expect a better revenue margin (last year was 20.3%, but based on the 2nd half to date that's more like 22.5%), so FY revenue should be around $120m, giving an EBITDA estimate of ~$59m (based on 49% EBITDA margin) -- both of which are only marginally ahead of FY23 results. Still, as we saw last year, volatile jackpot results can really move things around.

In FY23, they went from $72m in revenues for the first 10 months and then added $45m in the last 2 months!

So it's hard to know, but my best guess is that shares are on a forward PE of something like 22x, which isn't excessive given the nature of earnings and their momentum.

Not sure it's a level where a buy back is really warranted (they have the capacity to buy back another $25m if they choose). To be fair, for the first half they only bought back $3.2m at an average price of $12.74, so as long as they are disciplined and opportunistic, it's not a worry for me.

Held.

Remorhaz
3 months ago

FWIW this is what Morgan Stanley (Overweight PT $20.80) released in their update this morning ...

JIN today reiterated FY24 guidance with <2months>

Lottery retailing:

TTV +22% ytd vs MSe +16% and implied total system jackpot game sales of +19% ytd

Revenue +38% ytd vs MSe +32% for FY24e

1.1m active players vs MSe for FY24 of 1.03m

Revenue take rate 22.6% vs MSe 22.8%

Revenue A$101m after 10 months vs MSe A$119m for FY24e

5 cent price above TLC hike for Mon/Wed games (3% of TTV) - FY25 impact

Reiterated S&M as % of sales at 1.5-2.0%

Reiterated 48-50% group EBITDA margins

Expect 100% OCF conversion of EBITDA

Less colour on SaaS/managed services performance - reiterated MSD-HSD growth with reinvestment for FY24

Reaction to earnings:

Strengthens our investment thesis

Modest upside Financial results versus consensus

Modest revision higher Impact to next 12-month consensus EPS

Risks to Upside

• Acceleration in online penetration of lottery ticket sales
  • Continuing to win share vs. The Lott
  • Acceleration in SaaS growth
  • Higher jackpot levels from lengthening odds

Risks to Downside

• Online penetration of lottery ticket sales starts to mature
  • Failure to gain online share from increased competition
  • Rising churn, lower customer spending
  • Lower levels of jackpots
  • Failure to achieve traction in software

Karmast
2 months ago

Thanks @Strawman and @Remorhaz. I think any buyback info this coming half will be interesting and I have my daily market announcement alerts set up for that. At best it looks fairly valued to me at present based on a PE around 25 and 10% EPS growth moving forward. So I hope Mike and the Board don't buy back shares at anything above about $13. We will see...