Forum Topics DUB DUB Capital Raise

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

DUB has completed its capital raise.

Only 42.7% of the Institutional offer was taken up.

For the retail component, DUB wanted $16.4 million and received $9.9 million, so ~60% take up.

It was fully under-written and the under-writers have picked up the slack!!

No surprise. Why would people give money to a company that literally lost $30 million of its own cash?!

I still hold, both shares and hope, but didn't participate. This stock is a risk-realised scenario for me. The tax loss is of no value this year, so I'll keep holding this bag.

Bear77
3 months ago

Fair call @reddogaustin however the way I would look at it is: (a) unlike capital gains, capital losses that have not already been offset against capital gains can be accumulated and carried over into future financial years indefinitely - until they can be used to offset gains in one or more of those future years; and (b) is what's left of that capital in the best investment it can be in at this point in time? In other words, are you likely to get a better return elsewhere considering this thing could still go to zero for a 100% loss?

reddogaustin
2 months ago

You are technically correct @Bear77 , the best kind of correct. Capital preservation, no matter how little, is of value.

In my case, there is a small, slim chance of some capital recovery with the CEO gone-gone. When I combine this with a holding size of 0.03% of my overall portfolio, and my appetite for risk, I am choosing to ignore the technical correct thing - thank you lizard brain bias!

edgescape
2 months ago

Another way to think of this is whether the new management that steps in is able to extract value from whatever is left of in the company and try to ignore the potential of the assets. This part I'm still learning but it seems the best rule is whether the management had some corporate experience with a larger company or they grew a company from scratch from the clutches of death.

Sometimes moving on is hard to do. I'm going through that with some of my under-performing holdings which is not held in Strawman. Furthermore we are in a tricky period with tax loss selling round the corner where we may not get the best sale price. Hence I'm trying to avoid selling here unless it reaches a price that I'm happy to sell at.

I admit though I like the tech here. Feels similar to what SoundhoundAI is doing which is held by Nvidia and maybe a good yardstick to compare.

AUROPAL
2 months ago

I feel you @reddogaustin , I'm in the same boat.

It's down so much the remaining capital is tiny and I don't need the tax loss this year, although as Bear says these can be carried forward.

I don't think DUB will ever recover, more likely it will get taken over for a song by someone who wants the core business and kicks out the useless management.