Forum Topics SOL SOL Takeover KKR for PPT

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-perpetual-talks-kkr-corporate-012843617.html

KKR takeover of Perpetual corporate trust and wealth management businesses..... exactly what Soul Patts tried in December.

If a deal gets done, should be a good result for SOL

Also the TPG Singtel (optus) deal is another good result for Souls.

west
2 months ago

hi @Saiton

I wouldn't say I have the finger on the pulse, but am usually across most of the soul patts businesses.

KKR takeover of Perpetuals is going through, i think its august shareholders will find out how much cash dividends they will get, with a vote late 2024. SOL owns around 15% now and increased up to this over past 6months so id imagine a good ROI for them short term.

TPG Optus network sharing agreement will 3X TPG s regional size whilst only costing a 1/3 of the capex to build it. The agreement is for 10+ years with a 5 years option. SOL holds about 12% of TPG

hope that gives a bit more details for you

Saiton
2 months ago

Hi West I saw your last couple of posts on SOL. Could you elaborate a little on these for me. Im sure I could spend some time digging to find the answers, however I thought I would short cut that and go straight to someone who has there finger on that palse. Hope you dont mind.

KKR takeover of Perpetual corporate trust and wealth management businesses..... exactly what Soul Patts tried in December. Did they succeed?

If a deal gets done, should be a good result for SOL If SOL didnt succeed in aquiring Perpetual why would it be good for SOL if KKR succeeds in taking over Perpetual?

Also the TPG Singtel (optus) deal is another good result for Souls. Whats this one about?