Forum Topics PLY PLY Upgrade to FY24 Guidance

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

9668f5f9c1c8193e5e4be12e5fd8fff458e40b.png

topowl
2 months ago

Was that a bit of pumping and dumping today with Playside?

Someone purchased $300k of shares right on open.....stock went up by 20% immediately......then came dribbling down to only a 5% increase by midday....lol

neke86_
2 months ago

Does nobody else find it strange that in January they guided $60-65m revenue and implied zero 2H EBITDA, and now suddenly they've got an upgrade to EBITDA with no material change in sales or revenue?

Rocket6
2 months ago

@neke86_ from the most recent annual report, Playside initially provided FY24 revenue guidance of $50-55m, and indicated "will likely be first half weighted, the extent to which is dependent on the timing of contract milestones"

I would suggest they have attempted to be ultra conservative in their forecasts for the second half (inclusive of EBITDA?) and then offered little in the way of a guidance update in H1. You are right though, that still doesn't explain the significant upgrade relative to revenue growth.

Ongoing success of DWTD mobile, as an example, would be high margin with little investment required by Playside, perhaps resulting in additional revenue falling straight to the bottom line? Not entirely sure.

JPPicard
2 months ago

Yeah @neke86_ I find that weird too. The least they could have done is write 2 lines to explain why that was the case.

My best guess is similar to @Rocket6's guess; that it has to do with revenue mix. They may have expected some milestones to be hit on their work for hire which we not; hence less WFH revenue than expected. But they were also probably not expecting for DWTD to continue to do as well, so more revenue there with higher margins.

Just a guess.