Forum Topics FID FID Inside Ownership

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

Inside Ownership                   Ordinary Shares    %FID Issued       Net Value at $7.75

Inderjit (Indy) Singh                10,949,091                  34.78%            $84.86m

Frank Khouri                           268,323                       0.85%              $2.08m

Kerry Skellern                         8,000                           0.03%              $62K

Sam Hallab                              127,027                       0.04%              $984.5K

Total                                        11,352,441                  36.07%            $87.981m

Management Bio's

Inderjit (Indy) Singh OAM -Executive Chairman 

Indy Singh is the Executive Chairman of Fiducian Group and founded the organisation in 1996. Prior to that, he spent over eight years with one of Australia’s largest financial planning and investment management companies, where he played a key role in the development and management of its funds management and research businesses.

Frank Khouri - Non-Executive Director

A CPA accountant for over 30 years, Frank Khouri owns and operates a successful Accounting Practice and Fiducian Financial Services Franchise in Windsor (NSW) where he is an Authorised Representative. A Registered Company Auditor for 24 years, he is also an active member of the Board’s audit committees.

Kerry Skellern OAM -Non-Executive Director

Kerry Skellern was appointed as a director of Fiducian Group Limited on 1 June 2023. Kerry has held non-executive director and chair roles in the building, infrastructure and aged care sectors, with extensive experience in strategic sales, marketing and R&D at senior executive levels.

Sam Hallab - Non-Executive Director

Sam Hallab has over 35 years’ experience in finance and superannuation. Appointed to the Board in 2016 his expertise in accounting and as a registered company auditor is highly regarded. Sam is also a member of Fiducian’s Audit Risk and Compliance Committee and the Remuneration Committee.

Shapeshifter
2 months ago

Is it a problem that Inderjit (Indy) Singh is about 74 and owns 1/3 of the company?

I'm assuming when he retires he will start selling down shares?

Key man risk??

thunderhead
2 months ago

Good question, which is why assessing bench strength and succession plans is key. Any knowledgeable holders with informed views on that? Thank you.

Dominator
2 months ago

Definitely some key man risk in Fiducian. Probably the largest risk I would say as a recent buyer. Having bought shares this week some extra liquidity would be nice but I don't think I'd like to see 1/3 company type liquidity!

Looking at Fiducian's website under "Our People" a clear majority of senior management have been with the company for 10+ years so hopefully they would have a smooth transition when Indy Singh retires as a result. Looking at the different divisions listed in the picture below you can see that there are already other managers who are executive chairman for the these divisions within the business.

c62541d3a32d6544493dc5fab92e6c6c348d45.png

Shapeshifter
2 months ago

The bench seems strong on a superficial look but that does not resolve the problem of Indy's high ownership and his probable exit

Rocketrod
2 months ago

@thunderhead , I used to work with Indy at RetireInvest in the 90's. He's a very smart, funny, straight shooter kind of guy. He invited me to join Fiducian when he left RetireInvest and in retrospect, that was my "Pete Best" moment. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Anyway, when I was selling my planning business in 2020, Indy (and is son, Jai) came to see me about moving to Fiducian. His offer was the best of any that we received and he was very clear that such a move necessitated moving all client funds to the Fiducian suite of investments. My partner and I decided that although it was in our financial interest to join Fiducian, it wasn't in our clients' best interest (cost of their products) and so, we declined his offer.

I really respected Indy for his clarity and intention about transferring our business to Fiducian. He was, and presumably, still is a no nonsense, no bullshit businessman.

After the initial meeting with Indy to discuss selling the business, our subsequent meetings were with Jai. To be fair to Jai, it was a transaction discussion only, so I don't know how competent he would be in running a listed company if he were to ever hold such a position when Indy retires, but based on my encounters, I don't think he's in the same league as his old man.

thunderhead
2 months ago

That's right. I would expect him to maintain a residual stake at least given his son's involvement in the business, and I'm sure he would show the same regard for prudent stewardship of investor capital in any exit moves as he has for a long time being at the helm of the company - no reason to believe otherwise.

thunderhead
2 months ago

Thank you from providing more colour from your personal experience @Rocketrod. Your impression of Indy checks out with how most people who follow him and/or invest alongside him would expect him to be. Hard for most to be in the same league, even if they are cut from the same cloth like Jai is!