Forum Topics NAN NAN ASX Announcements

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

CORIS® Technology Outperforms Manual Cleaning in Biofilm Removal in Endoscopes

Nanosonics (ASX: NAN), a leader in infection prevention solutions, today announced a new study demonstrating that its CORIS technology outperforms manual cleaning in biofilm removal in endoscopes. The study has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Hospital Infection. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195670124001993.

Despite current cleaning and disinfection efforts, flexible endoscopes can remain long-term reservoirs for infectious organisms. Studies have demonstrated that flexible endoscopes are linked to more patient infections than any other reusable medical device. Biofilm contributes significantly to bacterial persistence in endoscope channels. This can lead to the same strain of bacteria being transmitted to multiple patients from contaminated endoscopes over time.

Co-author of the publication, Dr. Michelle Alfa, a world leading expert on biofilm in endoscopes, commented that "these results showing biofilm removal by the CORIS device are significant given the challenges with biofilm in endoscope reprocessing. In particular, the device removed cyclic build up biofilm from the small diameter channels, while the current manual cleaning approach was not effective. New technologies are required to address this significant problem and CORIS represents an opportunity to improve endoscope reprocessing and help prevent endoscope associated infections."

'The CORIS technology represents a significant opportunity to improve patient safety by addressing what is one of the most significant issues in medical device reprocessing today - the reprocessing of flexible endoscopes. The De Novo regulatory submission to the FDA is currently undergoing review", said Michael Kavanagh, CEO & President.

Michael Kavanagh

CEO / President

west
2 months ago

Wow.... no conflict of interest there

I'm not sure how much we should look into it.

Here are the authors and their interest -

3b90f1ec2bbcc6a93a88ef84d9e98fa1db0aba.png

9398ccd287e7a228c9cc7d9c1fb3c46e434e30.png

mikebrisy
2 months ago

@Valueinvestor0909 I see it at face value. A company reporting research into its own product.

With that, I always consider the potential for "sponsor bias". However, each of these authors - and particularly the external authors - have their professional reputations to think about. I like to think that enligtened self-interest would mean they wouldn't want to put something out there that could easily be replicated and shown not to hold up.