Forum Topics PNV PNV PNV Chart

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

Hi @Saiton

Some of the Hotcopper Chart guys are saying we are in for a decent bull run.

Some are saying about $2.68 is the top before some consolidation. Then another run up to about $3.18 should be possible.

What are you seeing on your technical analysis?

Cheers

From one of the posters called Asxcharts

87cb527fe86f16f664587341c5e77378865532.png

Strawman
a month ago

Here's the video from @Saiton (see full thread for context)

https://vimeo.com/962836614/2ad3b0149c

Arizona
a month ago

@Saiton I just watched your video. Wow! Thanks for sharing. It was fascinating.

Thanks for taking the time

Saiton
a month ago

Ok so the quick answer is NO, i dont think it is time yet. Everything is telling me its topping out on stochastic's 1d, 3d & 1w charts. Its really hard and long winded to explain why here. There is a lot of info. So i made a screen recording using Quicktime player on my Mac. I was going to send it to Andrew (@Strawman) for him to embed it as we talked about trying, however the Clip came to 20mins @ 1.6Gb. Dam thats big and probably wont work. I went in depth to explain my thoughts and show why on the charts too.

ee53c9eb7e08e8b57ae602955638d7c331e626.png

Parko5
a month ago

Thanks!

So anything above $2.5X could see some pull back for a while.

We are due for some news....been a while (or it just feels like it).

mikebrisy
a month ago

Fascintated by your work @Saiton and would love to see the video. If you save it to Dropbox, OneDrive, or GoogleDrive and make the link shareable, you can post the link, I think.

While technicals are not my focus, I'm interested in them because they decode patterns in short term supply-demand and price action. And clearly, because many in the market use them, there is potentially a self-fulfilling prophecy. I have an open mind as to their short-term predictive power, albeit starting from a point of sceptisicm.

Absent new information, and any macro-effects, I think $PNV is likely to float around $1.80-$2.50 until we get the FY Trading Update and then the FY results.

Market is expecting them to deliver a small profit and free cashflow, and DW has confirmed this so - even though immaterial - it would be a credibility loss if they can't deliver that.

Consensus has revenue "only" growing at 30% in FY25, even though the market has clearly moved well beyond this. So, I think the next trading trend will be formed by the consensus coming out of the FY around the revenue momentum as well as the narrative and forward milestones on new products, which featured more prominently again at the last presentation.

Personally, absent a very significant loss of revenue momentum, I continue to be locked in to $PNV for the long term. But I do get a lot of entertainment value from the price action!

Saiton
a month ago

Well yes and no @Parko5 . One thing for sure is none of the Analysis I do gives any indication on timing. I just have to keep an eye and see how it plays out really. I managed to forward to @Strawman the Video I made today explaining how i work this out and my thoughts. He is going to try post it somewhere on the site. Not sure if he can get embedded right in the comments or a new straw etc. Im at the farm working tomorrow on machines so may not hear the phone, however text me a time if you want a chat and Ill call you back when im having a break.

Saiton
a month ago

Hey @mikebrisy, Im glad you find it of some interest. Im also glad you take with a grain of salt. I also do the same with the valuation members put in here as they can vary wildly also. For me, I find the fundamentals are more of a long term indicator not so much the short term (unless critical news is released on the day). Also fundamental will show up in the charts anyway as time moves on. What doesnt show up in the fundamentals is market sentiment (investor sentiment, not product or company sentiment). For me investor sentiment is very important for determining when and where I will take a position. I would hate to take a position in a company late in its uptrend only to have it drop a large downside retrace. An example of this was Kogan for me. I got into it close to its top during covid only for it to suffer from supply chain issues and subsequently overstocking / warehousing issue. I want to at least get in close to the bottom of a stocks cycle. Drone shield is my best example here. I enterd real low and did very well out of it. Yes I got out way too early, however Im happy and there will be retraces along the way to enter again. So never mind. My Analysis allows me to get in at a reasonable time to watch it increase hopefully, though also allows me to exit if its not playing out how I want it to, for a small profit. Am I a trader? Yes until such time that I see a long position for the longer term. Until then I trade it.

I have a rule I trade by. "Many non-correlated indicators, thoughts and fundamentals need to align for me to take the trade. The more that align, the stronger my conviction".

Oh and by the way, that goes wrong sometimes too. Hopefully your winners are big and your loosers are small. That way you dont blow up your acc. balance.

Hope this explains a little why I do the charts how I do.

mikebrisy
a month ago

Yes @Saiton I do see the value of charts to help on timing. One recent example would be $IEL, I’ve overpaid for my position there, even though, fundamentally I remain confident of a good return in the long term. What’s clear it that I could have had an even better return if I’d combined a technical and fundamental view. So I’m all up for learning. But, I’ll always be fundamentals first, then charts, I imagine.

Parko5
a month ago

Kogan!!!! You and me both!!! I keep it in my portfolio as a reminder! I have to look at it every single day!