Forum Topics BOT BOT Trading Halt

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

$BOT into a trading halt pending announcement of FDA Approval for Sofdra.

Looks like a pre-emptive strike to prevent any leaks ahead of them issuing an ASX announcement.

Watch this space.

Disc: Held in RL and SM

AbelianGrape
a month ago

I just saw it myself too. Here we go. This has become my third largest position. I keep thinking of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer was playing the lottery when they needed the money to fix Santa's Little Helper...

mikebrisy
a month ago

Hah @AbelianGrape. The halt news broke while I was having breakfast with my fund's co-directors (wife and daughter), and I reminded them we had this position in the portfolio and that we are going to hear some key news in the next few days.(So no-one can do a Homer and say I didn't tell them!)

While I am a pretty seasoned healthcare investor, this is the first time I have held a meaningful position in a pre-NDA approval business, simply because that space doesn't fit my investing rules, risk appetire and expertise. But you rarely get opportunities for this kind of risk-reward. However, the risk is still there. The way I explained it was, what portion of the fund is reasonable to risk for a 10% chance of losing everything, and a 90% chance of getting 2x - 5x within a couple of years? We concluded that if you had 90% odds of winning the Powerball Jackpot, you'd probably stake a fair bit. So it was a Simpon-esque breakfast this morning, for sure.

The key here is how good your assessment of risk-reward is. Now that is an abstract, unprovable idea in a one-shot play. So, the truth is I'll never know, whatever the outcome. If the drug is approved, I'll applaud myself for making a good judgement. If its rejected, I'll console myself saying that this was always on the cards. But the truth is, I'll never really know, and therefore will be unable to learn.

Whatever the outcome, I believe my process isn't quite as random as Homer's.

AbelianGrape
a month ago

@mikebrisy I agree! I've been following your excellent commentary (and that of the other Strawpeople of course) and reading a fair bit about $BOT between teaching, so I think the odds are stacked in our favour on this one. It's worth having a decent-sized ticket, and there's defintely no blame if it goes sour.

But there's a Simpsons reference for every moment in life, and this one has been playing through my head. The part I like the best is that he bought all of these tickets, and apparently they all have the same numbers on them! Good old Homer.

But let's hope it's this one instead: https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/simpsons-gif-4422588