Forum Topics BOT BOT Hold your horses

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

While arguably smart, it's also a little sneaky. Botanix won't be coming out of their trading halt as there will be a capital raise. It will be very interesting to see the details around this. I'm not goint to lie though, I'm disappointed not to see the pop in the share price this morning.

mikebrisy
a month ago

I’m quite relaxed about it, although the sugar hit of the pop is nice.

They are sufficiently funded to get their pre-wired Telehealth channel running, but probably not if they also want boots on the ground.

in addition, there are other products in the portfolio that require clinical development, and now with cashflows in sight, they can move on to the next of these.

I am curious to see what the proposed uses of the cash are. I also hope there will be an SPP, but I’ve got my suspicions that retail holders might not be included if they want to get it done quick. :-(

Attention now turns to what the revenue scenarios are, which is a nice change from thinking about the 90%/10% binary approval.

mikebrisy
a month ago

That said, I’m unclear why they wouldn’t let it pop, then announce the raise, as that would lead to a lesser dilution.

i wonder if it means they had already lined up someone who said “as soon as you get FDA Approval we’ll give you $xx m”.

But why would a Board agree to do it that way, unless the raise price is set at some average of “n” days following approval? But then it wouldn’t be a quick process. Can’t figure that out.

Not doubting the team, as they have infinitely more experience of this! Just puzzled.

Arizona
a month ago

@mikebrisy Exactly "why wouldnt they let it pop"?

It strikes me as odd.

However time will tell I suppose.

mikebrisy
a month ago

I’m quite relaxed about it, although the sugar hit of the pop is nice.

They are sufficiently funded to get their pre-wired Telehealth channel running, but probably not if they also want boots on the ground.

in addition, there are other products in the portfolio that require clinical development, and now with cashflows in sight, they can move on to the next of these.

I am curious to see what the proposed uses of the cash are. I also hope there will be an SPP, but I’ve got my suspicions that retail holders might not be included if they want to get it done quick. :-(

Attention now turns to what the revenue scenarios are, which is a nice change from thinking about the 90%/10% binary approval.

conrad
a month ago

@mikebrisy Just wanted to say thanks for bringing this business to my attention.

Credit to @Nnyck777 for being the OP for this company, but it was your posts after FDA rejection that resonated with me and made me jump in.

Here’s hoping the BOT team can deliver on their sales strategy over the next few quarters / years.

occy
a month ago

Also the last time there was a capital raise by Botanix, retail shareholders were not offered the opportunity to participate. The cynic in me wonders if this will be the case again and the insto's will be purely looking after themselves. Great news but still very interesting times ahead for holders.

NewbieHK
a month ago

Note: Holder

Always nice that we retail investors sweat (a coincidental pun) for weeks and months and need to get in early before de-risking takes place to maximise early returns. Not saying there are not plenty of returns possible because the runway here looks enormous. As SOFDRA will be addressing the 3rd largest dermatology market in the US(?). However, instos can lock in a nice buy price in a de-risked situation with a guaranteed CR at the point of actual approval. I think we now all know why this did not run up even harder leading into the approval. Anyway that’s the game. Now to see just how big this can be. Looking for BOT to turn around my SM portfolio.

occy
a month ago

The more I was thinking about this last night the more agitated I got. I'm glad the boys and girls U19 SOO was on last night to take my mind off of it. I'm still perplexed about the CR happening in this timeframe but will be logging into my broker to see the announcement this morning in the hope there is a retail offering (unlikely I feel), what the dilution is like and also what price the insto's were able to enter at. Lol the suspense is killing me, I have too much time on my hands currently.