Forum Topics PNV PNV State Street

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

Hey sorry for creating a new straw...but I was having trouble replying to the Bear Case straw???

So here goes...third time writing:

So I am concerned about State Street coming in......only in the short term tho...long term...no issues.

But these shorters love to play with companies on the edge of the ASX200. Regal Fund does this regularly.....I hate these guys.

I just had a look. PNV is 182 out of 200 on the ASX200. We have a MC of about $1.8 billion. Lowest MC is about $1.6 billion. And given PNV's history of volatility.....we might be a prime target for these manipulators (note the techniques they use to force the SP down is illegal). If they are successful in booting PNV from ASX200....then all the ETFs will be forced to offload....creating selling/downward pressure....and this is where they make their real money.

NB: I hate these games. Stock markets were designed to give companies a chance to raise capital and do productive things. Now the finance world just gnaws at it....daily. We could stop these games with a 'per transaction tax'. For retail investors....it wouild cost about 50 cents a trade. But for all those funds....that use micro trades to push SP up/down.......it would make them not viable. And the money raised could go to fund ASIC to allow them to regulate better.

Aaronfzr
a month ago

Annoying in the short term, but with good long term prospects Id also accept the opportunity to buy on discount