Forum Topics DRO DRO Droneshield Ltd General Discussion
Seymourbutts
6 months ago

Mark Bouris - Going Public: DroneShield

For those interested, Oleg Vornik sat down with Mark Bouris to feature on his show (in partnership with Stake) 'Going Public'.

You can find it here on youtube. It is also on Spotify (just search for Mark Bouris or Going Public).

TKQLD
8 months ago

From yesterday's ABC article about EOS Defence Systems the following tidbit of information was interesting: "Despite the growing importance of unmanned aerial vehicles, as demonstrated by the Ukrainian conflict, the Australian Defence Force still has no counter-drone capability within its current Integrated Investment Plan."

The following is a key summary of the Integrated Investment Plan spending between 2016-2022.

0353c3ad921ca5c1c7b9833b6e4580a4b98f3c.png

Presumably, a dedicated allocation towards counter drone capabilities in the future would act as an industry wide tailwind including companies' like Droneshield's adjacent technologies.

RhinoInvestor
8 months ago

I think it’s already in there although it’s sometimes hard to pick this stuff out when we are talking about squadrons of Joint Strike Fighters or Fleets of ships.

I think it probably fits under the broader electronic warfare capabilities section. The following statement from the 2020 Force Structure plan cover the types of capabilities that DroneShield Offer

Joint electronic warfare

3.11 In addition to having secure communications of its own, it is equally important that Defence can degrade the electronic systems of adversaries. The Government is already investing in joint electronic warfare battle management and analysis, which will be further enhanced through investment in capability to enable operations and activities in

the electromagnetic spectrum. This will include the delivery of tools, techniques and systems that can be incorporated into existing and related joint and Service projects.

I also think that this reference in the Land Capability is very clearly counter drone tech:

7.18 The Government also plans to acquire a next-generation counter remotely piloted aerial system to help counter the proliferation of these systems, and to raise a new Army unit dedicated to information warfare activities.

Summer12
11 months ago

Sorry If this has been shared already - Busy work work.. Just catching up.

DroneShield receives final Instalment payment on recent $11 million dollar order.

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02667146-2A1449939?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

DroneShield CEO, Oleg Vornik, commented: “We have received incredibly positive feedback from the deployment of our equipment under this order and are under discussions for follow-up purchases from this customer.”

Follow up purchase would be great, plus a $2 Million R&D Tax Incentives.

Sales pipeline Increased from $200 Million - $250 Million ( I know, nothing till the deal is signed) positive though.

Hold and Accumulating.

Rocketrod
12 months ago

One great lesson I've learned since joining Strawman is to document my reasons for holding the shares that I own. Had I undertaken this lesson earlier in life, I'm sure I wouldn't own some of the shares that I own, but better late than never.

With this in mind, late on Friday afternoon, I sent an email to Droneshield's investor relations with some questions that I couldn't find answers to in their investor update of 26/4/23.

Five minutes later, they provided me with the answers to my questions.

While I was not expecting such a prompt response, I was pleasantly surprised, particularly since the email with the answers came directly from Oleg.

I did momentarily wonder whether he should be doing something more productive with his time for the business but perhaps this is the joy of small cap investing, that you get to hear directly from the management team.

Disc: I own Droneshield IRL

Rocketrod
12 months ago

Hi @PinchOfSalt

The questions I asked weren't especially incisive, but hopefully as I develop the journalling skill, they will.

One question was, what advantages does Droneshield have over their competitors? Oleg flicked the presentation to me that was given to the market last week and in case you, or other members haven't seen their market update from last week, I'll put a link at the bottom.

The second question was what percentage of their revenue is recurring. He said "The current SaaS is a bit under 10 percent of revenues for the 2022 accounts. Together with the long term R&D work we do for Aus Govt (which is also all software) that number is maybe closer to 20 percent, if counting both."

Their competitor analysis can be found on page 20 of their presentation....I hope this link works!

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/CommSec/commsec-node-api/1.0/event/document/1410-02657852-0TNO1U4AFG041AJQI2BHU47V5M/pdf?access_token=0007HwsHsYhAkVk3uzfgXOuuzxPT