Forum Topics DRO DRO Droneshield Ltd General Discussion
Rocket6
2 months ago

@Summer12, I am not actually sure why management decided to make this announcement. It seems overly promotional and unnecessary to me.

The CY21 figures -- cited in the announcement -- are already known to the market. I would much prefer they reference these figures (for relevant comparisons) when they release what are hopefully impressive results come January 2023.

Summer12
2 months ago

I somewhat agree, however ASX decides what price sensitive, as a shareholder I'm happy to see any positive news come through,

Rocket6
2 months ago

@Summer12, now that is an announcement I can get behind!

Summer12
2 months ago

Agreed .

Just need momentous now @Rocket6

Noddy74
3 weeks ago

Good one @shadow. It's not bad DD from the ABC journo in many ways, including use of the AusTender website.

There's definitely arguments on both sides of the Droneshield debate. It's hard to argue that $22 million across two deals in a few of weeks is anything other than validation of their technology. However, bookending those announcements was a market sensitive trading update last month, which listed a whole load of achievements - none of which were new. @Rocket6 questioned what the purpose of it was, describing it as "overly promotional and unnecessary". We may now know the purpose of it given the other end of the bookend is this week's announcement that the CEO and another Board member offloaded a material number of shares in the past week, citing the need to satisfy tax obligations.

For me selling after a reporting period end but before results are released is not a great look. Lots of reasons to sell...blah blah blah...but it's not much comfort when the chances are you're on the other side of the trade. The counter argument is the fact is their selling pressure gave me the opportunity to buy and if I'm that annoyed I could sell right now for a tidy profit. I'll let Homer answer those critics...

a7826a9f1b35f5b2d9a6e2039fd4071d1919c8.png

Noddy74
7 days ago

I tend to agree @Summer12 the macro tailwinds are significant.

I realised after I posted that the cash receipts backlog they quoted was as of today and not 31 December. My mistake and given that it makes more sense to me, particularly as they implied the January deal was done on favourable payment terms. It may suggest the next couple of quarters could be interesting to watch in terms of getting to sustainable positive FCF.

umop3pisdn
3 years ago

I work in the aviation industry as an air traffic controller. Within the last month, all towers in Australia had RPAS detection devices fitted to their roofing. This year I attended the industry day at Avalon airshow and learnt of a system that is being developed to integrate commercial drone operations into the air traffic management system. One of my colleagues met with CASA to answer questions on how AirServices Australia we're planning to respond to the growing RPAS industry. He learnt that Google has already developed a system that would process millions of lodged flight plans a minute.

I don't know the facts or figures about the industry, but this company is set to cash in on something that multiple stakeholders are focusing on. 

Drones are currently gaining traction but they are about to explode.