Forum Topics Including diagrams in Straws

Does anyone know how to include diagrams & links in straws? I currently have pictures pasted to my word docs but they aren't transferring across to my straws.

Thanks

Bear77
3 years ago

Hi CA, see the following forums:

File Attachments for Straws

Attachment image Issues on Strawman

You currently (as at 08-Aug-2021) can NOT INSERT pictures, diagrams or charts into anything here, in terms of inserting into the middle of text.  You can also NOT include file attachments of any type with valuations or forum posts.  You can however ATTACH certain types of files and pictures to straws, and the rules around that are clearly explained in the first forum link I've just supplied.

One of the four accepted file types is .DOC files, so plain word documents.  Not sure if .docx files are OK or not, as I have not tried attaching one.  One of the workarounds that MIGHT work is to use the "Attach File" button when creating a straw and attach your Word doc including your links and diagrams.  However, pretty sure that hyperscript or just "script" within .DOC files makes them ineligible to be attached, so a link might mean that the file will not attach.  You can however easily insert links into your straws and forum posts using the link tool, which is to the right of the "B" for Bold and "I" for Italics on the toolbar.  The link tool is the 2nd last icon on that toolbar, and the last one is the "unlink" tool.  The "unlink" tool can be used when you want to turn a link back into plain text.  You use it by highlighting the text and then clicking on the link or unlink tool icon on the tool bar.

I have explained the link tool in detail within the following forum:

Using Links and Attachments in Posts and Straws

Just a tip for anyone who is wanting info on how this site works.  If you click on the "Forum" button on the top of the screen, the forum page has a large white search box within the blue header at the top of the page.  If you type at least 4 characters into that bar and hit enter or click on the magnifying glass icon at the right end of that search bar, you will then get a list of all forum topics containing those 4 characters (in the same order as you typed them).  For instance, you could search for "file" and the first link I've provided above will be in the results.  You could search for "attach" and the other two links will be in the results.  You could search for "insert" and you will currently get zero results because the word "insert" has not been used in the TITLE of any forum posts yet.  If you type "Gold", you'll get enough reading to get you through a rainy day, starting (hopefully) with my own "Gold as an investment" forum.

P.S.  You could insert pictures into straws (into the text) a LONG time ago, like 2018 maybe up to early 2019.  One example is one of my "FAL Project Issues" straws under "NRW Holdings" (NWH) which contains dozens of photos.  Other examples are in some of my older gold company straws - like St Barbara, Regis Resources and Northern Star.  But not for a couple of years.  The ability to do that here was removed in either 2018 or 2019.