Forum Topics SGI SGI Stealth General Discussion
Strawman
5 months ago

Not sure what's behind this pump for Stealth Global, but I'm here for it!

(That and the orange coin are doing a lot of the heavy lifting for me right now, and lord knows my portfolio needs it.)

I'm mindful that only a relatively small amount of capital has affected this latest rally, and things can always reverse quickly, but my hope is that it's more about others in the market recognising the value prop.

mikebrisy
5 months ago

@Strawman volume yesterday was about 240k shares and about another 230k so far today, which is way above average but still small fry in the grand scheme of things. $SGI has for some time had quite a few buyers waiting to get in at low SP and relatively few sellers holding out for higher SP. So someone (or several someones?) has gotten tired of waiting and agreed to step up an take the plunge....maybe triggering a little mini-FOMO?

Like you, I'm not complaining!

DrPete
5 months ago

@Strawman, your Equity Mates interview went live earlier this week, in which Stealth was one of your 10 buys. Maybe Stealth reached a new audience? Gradually then suddenly. Even now though the price isn't stupid. But maybe getting close to fair given risks and illiquidity. Plenty of upside even if Mike only achieves half is vision. And a modest increase in NPAT to $2m would still only puts them on PE of 10. We may see price dip if this bump brings out sellers.

Strawman
5 months ago

Ha, maybe I should invoice Mike for the investor relations work!

I have mentioned it on several other pods and Ausbiz appearances over the last year or so, and that never moved the dial.. so I'm not sure I can claim credit. Maybe because I was also talking up other greatest hits like Envirosuite, Catapult and Pointerra...

Hackofalltrades
5 months ago

Can't wait for your next buy hold sell episode, but this time with 10 sells in it. :P

Strawman
5 months ago

It should be obvious by now that anything I label a "Buy" is more likely a "Strong sell".

The inverse Strawman portfolio would have had a cracker of a year!

Shapeshifter
5 months ago

I think you modestly underestimate the power of your jawboning @Strawman !

mikebrisy
4 months ago

Fascintating behaviour at $SGI.

Consistently over the last two weeks, there have been around 5 buyers for every seller, and pending buy orders to sell order volumes also around 4:1 to 5:1.

But this morning its got even tighter. Buys in the queue up to 1m shares, up from typically 0.8m, but the sells having almost dried up.

Glad to be on board, but just wishing I'd done so with a more meaningful position.

This may have more to run. As the price advances, the buy queue keep upping their prices, hoping for the inevitable (?) pullback.

Disc: Held in RL and SM

5fca2d76f6c76a433a3e93eb2dffb78149721c.png

Chagsy
4 months ago

My sentiments exactly. I thought I had another 3 months at least and had been slowly picking up shares with lowball bids but was about 60-70% of the way to my desired position sizing. I now find myself, in under a couple of weeks, being at the point where I’m approaching selling down to maintain that position size!

Vandelay
11 months ago

I was reading Stealth's latest Q3 update and noticed the mention of capital allocation to AI ! Hah! They really went out of their way here to mention AI.

Im guessing this will be the theme of reporting season coming up and every company will have mention to AI in some form.

e4652e9b5cf51ffd77f7b8b822163f30f112d5.png

Strawman
11 months ago

100% @Vandelay

On one hand, given how broad the technology is, I do genuinely think most companies will leverage the tech in some way. Just as all companies leverage the internet.

At the same time, you can bet many companies will overplay the significance. Is it really an advantage if all your competitors are taking advantage of it too? ie What advantage does it give you over others?

I do think companies with large proprietary datasets have some low hanging fruit here.

loshell
11 months ago

May not be seen as an advantage per se but more as confirmation of not being a luddite and missing out on the low hanging fruit others are busily harvesting.

mikebrisy
11 months ago

They should just use Cargowise ($WTC). It has ML built into its algorithms, with a huge dataset on which learning has been developed over 20 years!

(Sorry for pushing $WTC)

Vandelay
11 months ago

9a8d42898d30d40ef5a39048d6388dfabf9a0a.png

Strawman
12 months ago

3 trades totalling less than $1500 in value were traded in SGI today, and my position is now "worth" 20% more.

All part of the fun of small, illiquid stocks!

Of course, nothing has changed, but it sure presents a nicer picture. Someone will probably sell a $500 position tomorrow and cut the value of my holding in half :)

DrPete
12 months ago

Yeah @Strawman looks like one of the trades was for about $150. Why does that happen, I've seen it for Stealth and other illiquid stocks? Kids trading on free brokerage? Someone trying to increase their paper net worth (but I've seen it in both directions)? Or is there some technical trading strategy that I'm missing? Bots doing something odd?

Bear77
12 months ago

I think it's likely to be intentional price manipulation to make someone's portfolio look better (worth more in market value terms). I know that Commsec are always on the lookout for small trades that move share prices a lot, as I've had trades blocked by them and had to ring them up and explain that my trade was legitimate.

In one case, I was trying to sell out of a stock and all but 3 of my shares got bought so I moved the sell price down to the highest buy price just to get rid of those last three shares as part of the same trade (so as not to be left with 3 shares in a microcap with a share price of sub-20-cents). I was told that they couldn't accept the price change because it was too much of a change in percentage terms, so I had to do it in smaller increments, so after 6 trade modifications I finally offloaded those three shares.

In another case, a few years back, I was trying to complete a buy trade that had a small handful of shares outstanding (so, like, 99% of my trade had gone through but not the other 1%) and I like big round numbers when possible, so I would prefer to hold 10,000 shares in a company than 9,912 shares, especially if they pay dividends, so I was prepared to move the buy price up just for those last handful of shares (the bulk of the trade having already gone through at a lower price). They didn't like that either.

Neither of those cases are in any way similar to the small trades that you are both referring to with Stealth. I'm just saying that some online brokers (i.e. Commsec) are aware of price manipulation and are trying to stop it when they can (and also blocking some legitimate trades in the process), however other brokers are not particulary interested. I now do a fair amount of my trades through SelfWealth (for their $9.50/trade flat fee) and I can't recall them ever having queried a trade or a trade modification (price change).

If you had free or next-to-nothing unlimited brokerage available, I guess it might be tempting to spend a couple of bucks on a few shares to bump up the share price of one of your portfolio positions just prior to preparing a report or something, however it is only going to be temporary window-dressing. The price will always come back to where the buyers and sellers meet on price.

Strawman
one year ago

Grade A stuff @DrPete

I agree that Stealth seems underpriced.