Forum Topics TNY TNY General Discussion
Tom73
5 months ago

Gota Love Small Cap's

TNY down 29.41% today

1 share traded for $0.12

Hold the front page! or maybe another Page...

AUROPAL
2 years ago

Nice update @CamSmedts and as always, appreciate the input from Strawman members.

I think your numbers are ok but maybe a little high for revenue unless continuing strong growth in H2.

In terms of valuation, do you think a PE of 50 is reasonable? It seems like a lot for the future higher interest rate environment and a not so trustworthy management team, even if the company continues to go strongly.

AUROPAL
2 years ago

What do you think of the latest results @CamSmedts34 ?

Seems a decent increase in paid subscribers from 42k to 51k (21% increase) which, at $166k monthly recurring revenue, is a run rate of almost $2M a year.

Although I am a bit concerned that if their conversion from trial to paid is 90% and they added 9k subscribers over the past 6 months then they either had a LOT of churn or only 10k users had a go at the trial. Hopefully some clarity on this in the full report.

Revenue growth is still strong at 34% although that is a lot lower growth rate than from FY20 to FY21 where it was almost 100%. Given they flagged a potential slow down in advertising revenue due to economic conditions in the US in FY23 I am concerned that the growth rate could moderate even further.

AUROPAL
2 years ago

A pretty 'pumpy' announcement from Tiny Beans today. No need for it as there was no disclosure requirement to meet or reporting period, etc.

Just the kind of pumpy announcement I've come to expect from TNY management. Perhaps trying to meet some end of year share price based performance incentives?

Cynical I know, but that's my feelings towards TNY these days.

thunderhead
3 years ago

Vigorous discussion here. I was lucky enough to pick a small position at around these levels more than a couple of years ago, and flip out of them at just under $3.50 only some months later (if only I could trade like that all the time!). I stopped following the name since, and was only getting more interested recently, but this development has cooled my enthusiasm once again.

AUROPAL
3 years ago

You did well as that was the actual top!

That run up to around mid $3 happened after Alan Kholer plugged it and it tripled in the space of literally 3 months in late 2019 before promptly crashing and then crashing again with the rest of the market in early 2020.