Forum Topics KME KME Kip McGrath Education Centres Ltd General Discussion
Percyinvest
8 months ago

With naplan results are out showing there is an increase number of kids that need extra help, they don’t mention in the below article but some are calling for kids that are struggling to be provided with extra tutoring in small groups to help them hopefully attend a tafe or uni by the end of school.

I’m wondering if KME are in a good position to capitalise on this opportunity or would it be more of a program put in schools by government. I don’t have kids in school yet but I will next year so it’s not something I’m very familiar with. I know some schools have teacher’s aids available.

below is an abc article about it I’m interested to see other people’s thoughts.

One in three school students not meeting numeracy and literacy expectations, NAPLAN results show - ABC News

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-23/one-in-three-students-not-meeting-naplan-standards/102756262

Timocracy
one year ago

Advertising!

I don’t actually see too many ads besides those on billboards or Instagram. Lol.

However whilst catching up on Survivor, good old KME stole the show. Clean, basic ad. Good to see the name getting out there. See how much they spend on marketing this year though…

cee584a6f08e019e98314c66f25be3b664c96d.jpegd4b20df8279f69e9149d6a4ec44ec02811d291.jpeg

AGM coming up.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-notice-of-annual-general-meeting-proxy-form.7034869/

I'd be interested in some thoughts on the remuneration here.

I'm not sure if I have a well calibrated perspective, but 800k share options over 3 years with a +143% vesting hurdle (plus some others set by the board) plus 450k salary per year for the CEO feels high given the company's size and NPAT.

Timocracy
2 years ago

Honestly I'd say that salary is "low" for a CEO of a listed company, especially one with a growth trajectory.

Don't forget the take-home is about 50% of that and as soon as you get a partner that doesn't work, a house amongst some fellow high-rollers and a couple of kids going to private school a $225k sum doesn't stretch too far. All about perspective I guess.

Plenty of sub $20m cap businesses that pay CEO salaries over well over $800k and have a stupidly long list of directors and board members that take every other cent that might have contributed to a profit! But always a good thing to question.

Thanks Tbra that's helpful.

I think I must just have a bit of an empathy gap here. - lol

Timocracy
2 years ago

Can't wait until the day I can "look down on" those with a measly yearly income of $450k :'D

I should look into Kip MgGrath in more detail at some point. I run a very very small tutoring business, but I do think that Covid has changed parents attitudes towards online tutoring. They are much more open to it. 

I think my main waryness with Kip is that they are expensive for the customer (but so is my business, hahaha).