Forum Topics Perth Meetup?
Rudyboy
2 months ago

Sorry I missed the get together, but had a long trip back from Thailand and wouldn't have been good company.

Glad those there got something good out of it.

Slomo
2 months ago

Shout out to the Perth Strawman Chapter who put on a very solid meetup - @Arena42, @Seymourbutts, @acarbone1 and @Metis.

Some good insights thrown around on VEE, KPG, AD8, CGS, SOL, LBL, and many others.

Plus a few mining tiddlers and tales of the one that got away.

Also some good banter on Buffett, different valuation approaches and investor psychology.

Real estate

I should probably have expected this but not a lot of real estate talk on the West Coast…

It was noted that a recent investor podcast said there are 130,000 real estate agents in Australia but only 90,000 in the defence force.

We decided that if there’s a war, it will likely be over real estate so the agents should be deputised and mobilised so they can be deployed as shock troops.

Expect @Strawman would approve of this allocation of human capital?

Strawman
2 months ago

haha, strong endorse @Slomo!

topowl
2 months ago

Lol

Absolutely !

the real estate troops should be sent behind enemy lines to cripple their economy !!

appraise high

then quote low to get the dough !!

RhinoInvestor
2 months ago

At least we will have 130K agents to charge the machine gun emplacements.

We will just tell them there is a potential listing over the other side. It’s the only work any of them really want to do.

Seymourbutts
2 months ago

Just pulled in on my Pat Malone. I’m the lone Strawman sitting to the left with the blue cap on.

First person here will get my run down of a speccy mining explorer.

Metis
2 months ago

Can’t see a blue cap I’m afraid. Frothing on the speccy mining…

Arena42
2 months ago

Hey guys,

We have changed the location to the Sand bar in Scarborough.

Come whatever time you want. It sounds like most of us will be getting there around 4 PM.

Can you send me your email address VIA direct messages.

secondtake88
2 months ago

I have to help a mate put up a fence on Saturday.

If we are done in time I will come along.

Slomo
2 months ago

Just checked out the Sandbar in Scarborough for the West vs East Coast Strawman showdown.

It's better than any pubs we have in Sydney so that's 1-0 to the West.

Will try to wrestle back control from about 4pm tomorrow.

Hopefully we can go deep on some AI stocks that used to be cannabis stocks that used to be mining stocks.

The Sydney meetups will be hard to top but it will be nice to discuss something other than real estate and BTC for a change...

Arena42
2 months ago

These people that talk about bitcoin. Haha

we can definitely talk about mining sh*t-co’s