Forum Topics Beta testers
Strawman
2 years ago

For those using the Strawman progressive web app (PWA) -- we're excited to reveal we now have push notifications available.

At this stage, push notifications are only available for android phones, but we'll get the iOS version out ASAP.

If you haven't downloaded the app to your phone yet, you can find instructions here:

https://strawman.com/blog/strawman-mobile-app/

Once set up, go to your notification settings by clicking on the top right bell icon:

e23aca049614e06d02eebe8e9aa64314b72893.png

Then go to settings and toggle push notifications:

c2add442ba7de6167314983185ee4e3493c8be.png

Note that, at this stage, the push notifications will align with System notifications. But we'll have the ability to configure push notifications separately very soon.

Please note that this is still in beta, so we expect there to be a very rough edges. If you spot anything, please DM or email me and we'll work to fix any issues.

Also, the PWA works best for Chrome or Firefox mobile browsers. As such, we'd strongly encourage users to go with those for now.

Finally, once activated, it can take 15-20 minutes before notifications start coming through.

Let us know what you think!

Strawman
2 years ago

We've made a few tweaks to our progressive web app, and have decided to release it to the wider Strawman community.

Click here for instructions, and be sure to let us know on this forum if you have any questions, or experience any difficulties.

Please remember that this is just a first step. Once we get the basics bedded down, we'll be building out enhanced functionality to ensure you have a greatly improved mobile experience.

Strawman
2 years ago

We've developed a "progressive web app" for Strawman -- basically, it makes the Strawman Website look and act more like an app for your phone. If we can get it to work well, we'll be able to do push notifications down the track, so I'm pretty excited about the potential it has to enhance the member experience.

I was hoping a few members might be keen to help us take it through its paces. We've done some internal testing, but these things always behave differently for different phones and web browsers.

Shoot me a direct message if you'd like to help us out. (In particular, I really need some iPhone users).

If all goes to plan, we'll release to all members in the coming weeks.

Timocracy
2 years ago

I'd be keen to check this out better! Much easier to tap along on an iPhone enjoying some good content instead of contributing to a 300 person Zoom call

Strawman
2 years ago

hi @tbra97 -- the progressive app is now available for anyone to try.

Click here: https://strawman.com/blog/strawman-mobile-app/