Forum Topics CXO CXO One to watch?
Timocracy
2 years ago

Henry Jennings from Marcus Today had Core Lithium as his "high conviction stock" at FinFest this weekend with some valid points about production and the lithium spot marketing looking to run hotter for longer as demand remains high for another 5 or so years - but of course, also a few disclaimers including not holding the stock personally after having seen it run from $0.05 to about $1.50

I didn't take notes but if somebody else did, please share. Will also be interesting to see if there is a silly little pop in SP this morning after 75 people in a tent frantically put in limit orders 15% above Friday's close. I genuinely saw this happen. Lol.

Trev
2 years ago

It's the only Lithium stock on my watchlist. Like any resource stocks, SP will go up and down with price of lithium. My biggest problem with lithium is that they are everywhere, and unlike rare earth, they are not that difficult to extract. On top of that, there are huge number of explorers, almost producers around and the Bigger miners are also eyeing a slice of that pie right now. I just don't see what advantage they have over others in the long term, in a soon to be very competitive sector.

Timocracy
2 years ago

@Trev I think I'm in the same boat as you. I believe the argument was that as other producers come online, they will of course be 1-3 years behind in terms of scale and relationships so could have a lagging effect on the newcomers giving operators like Core a longer runway to cement their position in the market. But I feel you are right.