Forum Topics AVA AVA New Aura IQ Deal

Pinned straw:

Added one year ago

First things first, the management team of AVA does hate releasing anything on ASX.

The new deal is to protect a 30km double decker conveyor syetem, probably a direct result from the first Aura IQ deal with the, as quote, global leading conveyor manufacturer.

As usual, we do not know how profitable this deal is. But still, a 30km conveyor system is way larger comparing to the previous one.

Another interesting thing is, although the location of the project is in Far East, the news was posted by AVA's sales director in Europe.

178b906913b816c1da9c3fc5edfc592565a89d.jpeg

Maybe Robin took over the conditioning sales after Pietro left the company recently. Again, we don't know anything since the company is super quite when it comes to communication.

It's definetly a good sign seeing more Aura-IQ deals coming in. At one point I almost thought this tech was a total flop and I was probably wrong on this one. It may not be a huge sucess as everybody expected, but it does make a solid addition to the FFT product portfolio.

Also, I would be super pissed if this is actually part of the first Aura-IQ deal, which was only $300k.

Anyway, more and more questions should be asked on AGM. Let's see what the company has to say.

fcmaster26
11 months ago

Based on the presentation yesterday, this new project is probably based in South Korea.

Not sure who the client is, probably a huge steel maker that need conveyor belt monitoring at one of the coal terminals.

NewbieHK
one year ago

Would have thought if it was a new deal they would have had to make a formal announcement via the ASX. If it is and they haven’t then, if it isn’t and they are creating click bait then, I am not sure what’s worse.

fcmaster26
one year ago

AVA chose not to announce every new deal on asx. According to the company’s CFO during the H1FY23 presentation, they decided only announce new deals that are considered as material changes to the company. He also said those who are interested in the company’s news can just follow the company’s LinkedIn where they post news occasionally.

I don’t understand why they decided to do so. Some deals they’ve posted on LinkedIn, such as the Istanbul airport contract would’ve made a great asx announcement.

I guess it’s just how they do business.

fcmaster26
one year ago

As a fellow shareholder, I don’t mind such approach either.

However, seeing those news on LinkedIn without any further details is like reading a novel with the last couple pages missing. It’s way worse than the management not disclosing anything.

NewbieHK
one year ago

This suggests there is no material benefit. If there were they would be obliged to announce on the ASX. Considering the MC of AVA it wouldn’t take much for it to be material. This then raises a conundrum. As an investor in AVA I want to see them make money. So I am a little confused on their business model.

fcmaster26
one year ago

There is a difference between receiving material benefit and making material change or effect.

According to ASX, the general rule of immediate notice of material information is :

"3.1 Once an entity is or becomes aware of any information concerning it that a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities, the entity must immediately tell ASX that information. "

A deal could create material benefit without leading to immediate material effect on the company's share price.

Taking BHP as an example. Let's say a train fully loaded with coal has just left Peak Downs. BHP will certainly recieve some material benefit from selling that coal for obvious reason. However, it does not make any material effect on the share price because everyone expect BHP to generate profit from a coal mine that has been operating for decades.

A material effect would be situations like BHP selling one of its project at a premium price, which will lead to a instant material-changing injection of capital into the company's balance sheet, therefore, should be announced on ASX.

As for AVA, appearantly the management has been taking this general rule quite literally. Protecting another pipeline or fenceline is no longer a material changing news in the eyes of management, since the company has been doing it for a long time. An anouncement will only be made when there is new markets or new technologies involved.

Here are the anoucements other than things like trading updates or change in director's interest made by AVA in the last financial year:

d870f71ec7f3f7e10c76c9ca6e18980f3dccd9.png

Here are the contracts anounced on FFT's website that has not been anounced on ASX in the past 12 months:

June 13, 2023, Pipeline TPI contract in the border region of Colombia and Venezuela

June 8, 2023, Pipeline protection for Papujune copper processing plant

May 30, 2023, Pipeline protection in Turkey

January 20, 2023, Wind farm protection in England

I'm sure that there are many other contracts that haven't been anouced on any platform as requested by the clients.

You can see how the company has been restricting itself from abusing the general rules of ASX unlike many other small caps out there releasing any news available with the sole purpose of keeping the share price at certain leve.

I don't think you need to worried about AVA not making money since you can always look at the company's quarterly trading updates. The past financial year wasn't mind blowing but it wasn't too bad either. The company is probably not going to reach the $70m goal in the next three year, but they will get there eventually if nothing terribly wrong happens.

Also, please let me know which part of the business model is confusing to you and let's investigate those questions together. It's a great learning opportunity for me to revist the things that I thought I new.

Strawman
one year ago

Great points @fcmaster26

Hopefully it's more a question of many smaller deals, but that could be wishful thinking.

I don't generally like it when companies announce every little contract, as it reveals a focus on trying to support short term market price -- but it sure would be good to see them reveal a decent win or two..!

Keen to see what the next set of results show. The new CEO said he'd come talk to us after results, so hopefully that offers more clarity too.

NewbieHK
one year ago

@fcmaster26 thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed response. It’s helped explain the situation and made things clearer as a holder.