Forum Topics EOL EOL Takeover Talks Terminated

Pinned straw:

Last edited 6 months ago

Announcement from EOL this morning regarding their takeover offer from STG.

Looks like STG cheekily revised their offer down from $5.85 per share to $5.15 per share.

The Board has essentially said "yeah, nah" and terminated discussions with STG.

You'll likely see the SP slowly retrace now back to circa $4, which is what it was prior to the offer.

I'm pretty happy with this as I see this one as a long term compounder.

DVV1974
6 months ago

EOL commentary 2:18-5:32

https://ausbiz.com.au/media/walkers-software-stocks-to-watch-ansaradas-quarterly-boost-felixs-deal-expansions?videoId=32535

Claude Walker raises some interesting points about what happened with STG, especially: The only problem is now the board has played their hand and sort of showed they are interested in selling the company.

Held IRL as a high-conviction satellite, but am now questioning whether or not to continue building the position to its maximum allocation since the board might jump at the next opportunity to sell leaving me in search of another long-term compounder :-)

jayjayjayjay
6 months ago

The thing that annoys me most about this debacle is that they lost Vaughn who knew the company likely very well and by what it seems had a good long term view of the company and it’s potential.

whether there were issues or disagreements prior to this takeover or it was caused by this it just seems to me they lost a solid brains trust within the company.

pretty small position IRL only for me and not keen on buying more until I see some solid results and solid contracts.

Seymourbutts
6 months ago

Agree with you here @jayjayjayjay.

I have big concerns now on the unity within the board and question their long-term intentions. A question that’s jumped into my mind is why are they interested in selling the company? Are there issues internally? Are they finding it difficult to grow/expand?

Going to need to watch this closely over the next 3-4 months and potentially reassess.

I’ve lost a bit of confidence here, but still holding IRL and SM.

UlladullaDave
6 months ago

Gotta love dropping in a lower bid on the way out to try and tank the shares.

thunderhead
6 months ago

I don't think I have come across that before. Anyhow, it's a sure-fire way to have an out of the discussions.