Forum Topics 3DP 3DP September Quarter FY24 Update

Pinned straw:

Added 6 months ago

An encouraging update, although quite vague from a financial standpoint.

New commercial agreements announced, one with an initial US$312k pa subscription, and all with expansion potential.

New Business Development hires to shorten sales cycles and land 7-figure contracts, and Amazon digital twin program for its distribution centres due to restart in December.

Will look to get some more detail when we speak with Ian tomorrow.

Nnyck777
6 months ago

Thanks @mikebrisy for your quick update on graphs. Structured those into a couple of questions to take to Ian with latest info. Great work.

Nnyck777
6 months ago

Further note- feeling pretty close to thesis busted!

RhinoInvestor
6 months ago

I haven’t gone deep enough on the house of cards in the 4C yet, but the whole house of cards looks to be propped up by an $886K Tax / R&D incentive this quarter. (Correct me if I’m wrong but the ATO doesn’t give me tax rebates every quarter)

ecd9e94a8d51c542e2e434b6150c3cdaaf01fc.png

mikebrisy
6 months ago

@RhinoInvestor Correct. It’s not quarterly and no guarantee to its future value. It somewhat propped up the result, if you can call it that.

mikebrisy
6 months ago

@Strawman I read it somewhat differently. These used to have more numbers in them, but is Ian's approach that when the numbers aren't good, don't report the numbers?

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the 4C.

A lesson I've learned from $IKE (no longer held) is that activity reports and customer numbers can look great, while the real numbers (margin and cash drivers) go backwards.

Strawman
6 months ago

I'm actually with you there @mikebrisy -- i guess I meant "encouraging" in the sense they presented some positives which *should* be good for the business if there genuinely are more customers doing more things with their tech. But, as you say, the proof will be in the pudding..

Rocket6
6 months ago

@mikebrisy @Strawman

Catching up on today's reporting and cringed reading Pointerra's update. I am totally with @mikebrisy on this one.

Fool me once.

On a serious note, if they report underwhelming figures again in the upcoming quarterly it will be thesis busted for me (keeping true to my straw from around six months ago). I won't speculate too much on this post without seeing the report itself but I expect we will once again be disappointed, and then spun a heap of garbage about the pipeline.

To be continued...

Slideup
6 months ago

They released an update today - contracts not material. I wonder where there actual annual contract value is at currently, I am thinking it must be less than $20m, as this was the last number I remember before they stopped reporting against.

Emesent Partnership

The agreement with Emesent contains an annual sales commitment of at least 50 Pointerra3D Core licenses. The initial term of the agreement is 1 year and will automatically extend for an additional 1 year unless terminated by either party, in writing at least 30 days prior to expiry of the initial term. The partnership will not incur additional costs for the Company. The partnership is not currently material and it is not currently possible to quantify any revenue impact.

Carbonix Partnership

The agreement with Carbonix does not contain any minimum sales or revenue targets for Pointerra. The term of the agreement is 2 years unless terminated by either party in writing giving 30 day’s notice. The partnership will not incur additional costs for the Company. The partnership is not currently material and it is not currently possible to quantify any revenue impact.