Forum Topics ALC ALC Risks

Pinned straw:

Added 6 months ago

There are multiple risks i see fundamentally and sentiment vise.

1. Management ability and willingness to reduce cost of business is minimum- and happy to raise capital at distress price to fund delayed contracts

2. Kate mentioned that procurement approach has changed for EMR and it went into tender process and not every NHS trust going in FY24.

3. Risks are two fold now, probability of them winning the contracts x probability of them winning in required timeframes till balancesheet allow to fund employees.

4. Management and Boards ability to navigate potential difficult macro environment.

5. There were no high hopes for Q2 and Q3 results - sentiments isn't going to turn anytime soon

I would have preferred them to reduce the cost base somehow instead of dilution. History of dilution is very poor...makes it difficult to increase any KPI per share

I just sold my shares at loss and will come back at higher prices once i have confidence that it is self funded.

Fwiw, I can sympathize with business about tough conditions in UK NHS trusts delayed tenders etc but I didn't appreciate that Management didn't show the nimbleness in adjusting cost base and instead thought of dilution at low price...

Today's announcement seems like that acceptance by management and course corrections in cost base..

I think now is the better chance of this business doing well in my opinion and i just added small watching position again in SM.