Forum Topics IPG IPG Acquisition

Pinned straw:

Added 5 months ago

IPD Group is undergoing a capital raising.

Funds raised: $65m

Extra shares: 16.5m

Synergies: Expected but not included

Because I don't have time, hopefully someone can do an exact valuation. If you are inclined go to fightfinance for the methodology after clicking the answers.

Roughly we should expect a market cap from 364m to 429m and SOI of 103m shares.

Some important slides that will help

32e82519711df3eaa417eb236813e50a6fb0e9.png

61fa0b7de6a4d5b97cfcf029044699bd3a2d51.png

c531feedc0d354dde0c9f611a2b5b279599b3a.png

But I'm sure the market will try and drag this below $4.

As I already topped up at the recent lows, I think I have enough shares already - not sure if I take up the rights issue.

[held]

LynchMilton
5 months ago

See my link for the valuation. Very post amm, debt, soi dilution accretive which is fantastic.

edgescape
5 months ago

Wow. Market really loves this! Up double digits.

My recent lowball topups worked for a change!

NewbieHK
5 months ago

Even with todays jump to 4.80+ it could move higher if it returns to its recent PE training range. With predicted eps of 24.3c (from yesterdays presentation) this year, it’s now trading at a FPE under 20. Prior to the announcement it was trading at 4.20/18.1c = PE23.

UlladullaDave
5 months ago

Which raises an interesting question: A knowledgeable seller just sold CMI to IPG for 6.6x EBIT, should the market value it at the prevailing EBIT of IPG or...

I have followed ECL for a while, the CMI business is quite cyclical. I think IPG have been pretty prudent here in using equity to fund this deal even though the temptation could have been to juice short term returns by using debt. Definitely is bonus points to management who err on being conservative especially in a cyclical.

edgescape
5 months ago

Good work watching ECL @UlladullaDave

Frustration of being a lic fund when the non listed investments are not properly valued. I never thought Excelsior would be holders. Instead I would think Argo global infrastructure would have this so this is a missed opportunity from Argo infrastructure.

Now I have a small cap vying for top holding against Data3. Seeing some huge tail and cyclical risk in my portfolio now.

UlladullaDave
5 months ago

I think if you speak to the bagholders in ECL, lack of mark to market valuation is way down the list of gripes.

This gives a bit of colour around the Catelans.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/business/takeovers-panel-slams-ray-catelans-cash-gift-to-daughter-and-cmi-share-purchase/news-story/0efb17aff0c7e8e348058078150dce8a