Forum Topics CAT CAT Podcast

Pinned straw:

Added 4 months ago

Will Lopes interviewed on Forager "Stocks Neat" Podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/stocks-neat/id1601739181

A Good overview of the past, return to cashflow positive and future...

Remorhaz
4 months ago

Yep it was a good listen - also available on youtube for any interested From the AIS to the NBA: how this Aussie small cap is making a name for itself around the globe

Strawman
4 months ago

Thanks for sharing @Wakem and @Remorhaz

Key notes (from memory as I was listening in the car).

Catapult is 5x their nearest competitor and (in will's opinion) not easily catchable in terms of the full suite of product capability.

The addressable market remains huge. It's hard to fathom from an Australian perspective, but there are college teams with bigger budgets than the AFL.

Will reckons they could double the number of customers and have 30% profit margins in 3-5 years now the business is at scale. A bold claim, but I think it's achievable.

Will mentioned the evolution, under his term, of a cash burning capital sales business to a software subscription business. And the superior economics associated with that.

The cross sell potential remains significant and the efficacy of the sales team has improved dramatically.

Forager is an investor, and it was a rather softball interview (not that I can talk), so Will was never challenged. But it was a good listen. I'm still trying to arrange our own meeting with Will.. hopefully can line something up in the not too distant future.

[Held]

l1l1l1
4 months ago

I am interested in the 5x nearest competitor. I assume it is Stat Sports, but I don't know why they are ignoring Hudl. If you do manage to get a meeting, Id like to ask some harder questions about how they see Hudl as a competitor.