Forum Topics RFT RFT REKTifier

Pinned straw:

Last edited 3 months ago

I placed my trust in a company of clevers so keen,

Their promise, it sparkled, like a financial dream.

But now I am bound to shares I can't sell,

In a venture where good luck did not really dwell!

rh8178
2 months ago

@mikebrisy was an auditor in a past life - review was always half year and full audit for full year. Half year deadlines were always shorter so review was acceptable. I think that still is ok for ASX but someone with a more up to date qual can confirm. A review was still an independent opinion on the accounts, but not as comprehensive and therefore not as strong opinion as a full audit opinion.

thunderhead
2 months ago

Sure dodged a bullet here. Sold the brief multi-year highs when the shares spiked a couple of years ago, and was encouraged by the last earnings release, so I even put it back on watch. Then came the sh*tshow at the AGM, and I didn't even give it a second thought after. What a disaster of a report today...

mikebrisy
2 months ago

@thunderhead I wasn't so lucky. Still holding 1.7% SM and 0.6% RL.

So, the Auditors were unable to sign off the accounts as "audited", instead only able to "Review" them.

Do "reviewed" accounts meet the requirement for listing rules, and if so, given that there are now Directors in place and lodged 6-monthly, reviewed accounts, assuming that $RFT pay their ASX fees, will they be able to start trading again?

Do any knowledgeable StrawPeople know?

thunderhead
2 months ago

Tough luck @mikebrisy, but I'm sure as you well know, you will catch a few bullets if you play this game long enough. Heck, I have caught plenty and have the scars to show for it.

I see it is a very manageable weight in your RL portfolio, so while it will be a flesh wound, you'll live to survive and thrive another day :)

Wini
2 months ago

Can't sugar coat it, it's an ugly report. A revenue impact from Tritium was expected, but it seems like i-charging (the other major customer) also had less revenue as well. There is only one silver lining really which is it appears one of them (i-charging I would presume) is clearly about to ramp back up given the big increase in prepayments:

d990196dc9cc2c238ecef44ade9fca42e3d517.jpeg

The customer stumping up the extra $6m cash also meant RFT remained cash flow positive for the half despite the revenue fall as well. Corporate drama still overhangs, but genuine reasons to think second half will see a decent recovery from this poor result.

mikebrisy
2 months ago

Agree @Wini .

Also, they paid down about $4m of LT debt, which is pretty decent.

They also have $19m inventory against the $11m payables, of which most is customer deposits. And there is still cash of $4m.

I'm not going to add to the stampede, and content to let this one run.

Rocket6
2 months ago

Sorry guys, unrelated to the actual thread here but that flesh wound meme is bloody funny @mikebrisy. Spent a few minutes laughing at my phone. My wife asked me what I was laughing at so I showed her too. Now we are both laughing at the bloody meme!

RhinoInvestor
2 months ago

If it’s any consolation, if and when trading resumes RFT’s 49.75m AUD market cap is bigger than Tritium’s 23.87m USD. I’ve got both of them in my portfolio doing a nice job of offsetting my Playside and Droneshield gains. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards EVs in the press lately with all the big auto makers winding back their forecasts.

I haven’t seen any of the legislation that different justifications like the EU and California have introduced mandating the end of sales of ICE vehicles getting rolled back. I reckon we just need another bump in oil price as I’m sure the pain at the bowser when it was >USD$90 a barrel pushed people to order EVs whereas the price has dipped below $70 in the last 12 months.

Eventually when all these vehicles hit the road they have to be charged somewhere. I wonder if Tesla is going to get the monopoly on chargers in which case it probably is undervalued.

DISC - Hold DCFC and RFT IRL (with the big gains i was hoping for to buy said EV not materialising it looks like I’ll be driving my old diesel Landy for another 40 years)