Forum Topics DUR DUR Whole-of-Life Asset Management

Pinned straw:

Last edited 2 months ago

fae2f3b6669f7c8a1136142833fc41713cfc5c.jpeg

Click on the photo to view the Duratec 3D model of a Main Roads Timber Bridge. Drag and expand with two fingers. The detail is incredible!

@mikebrisy, I’ve been exploring the Duratec website trying to better understand the services they provide. The whole-of-life asset management service is really interesting.

On the Duratec website I found some interesting information about one of Duratec’s unique services. I can see how these services would be sought after by government and big industry to manage and maintain infrastructure to avoid costly and unnecessary premature deterioration of assets. The following is from their sustainably page on the Duratec website. The detail in the 3D models developed by their engineers is incredible (I wonder if they are client of Pointerra?) Here’s an example of a 3D Model of a Main Roads Timber Bridge. Click on the link and explore the structure. There are other examples in the 3D models link below.

Sustainabilty Page, Duratec

Duratec is a solutions-driven contractor, providing whole-of-life engineering, construction and remediation services. 

We work to extend the life of existing assets and infrastructure. In doing so, we help to reduce reliance on the development of new infrastructure. In partnership with our clients, we work to provide long-term, sustainable and intergenerational outcomes whilst considering harsh environmental factors.

With an in-house technical team, one of our unique offerings is our ability to provide condition assessments to determine the level of deterioration and decline, and then develop 3D models of these assets to assess and monitor changes over time.  

As a national contractor working across a range of industries, we understand the potential environmental impacts of our work are varied. With this in mind, we work in strict accordance with our Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001. 

Karmast
2 months ago

This is the MEnD tech they acquired and they state no one else has anything as comprehensive as it. They also state it would take a competitor years to replicate it. And it’s a big reason why they have a best in industry record of not messing up a project and losing money. They could be exaggerating and I’d be unable to verify if it’s true but the track record suggests there’s an edge here.