Forum Topics CAT CAT #Bullish Tecnicals_ Cat Charts

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

Helllllo Catapult (a nice update)

Well that one dragged on and approx a week ago I wasnt certain if there would be another small leg down to my anticipated box marked (V) on the charts. I have missed out before getting the bottom, hence why I bought in a start position at the green horizontal line. Glad I did after this mornings move.

c425cac15ba58e434fb813236ee27a8b9455f3.png

You will notice the white horizontal dashed line just above the pink horizontal support line. This is where wave ii should have fallen to historically. It never quite got there, again showing a bullish sentiment and boy has it popped. I expect it to climb to the top of the rising Channel into my wave iii target box and also coincidentally Jefferies Brokerage price target however I'm going to build a bigger position on the pull back to wave iv. I will probably skim off the 10% or so profit @ wave iii however I will leave the original position there for the add too at the wave iv for the next big leg to wave v of wave 3.

Good luck all

occy
a month ago

Thanks for these posts. I'm never going to be a chartist myself but I am still very much fascinated by charting and am currently reading a book on it to learn more. I have enjoyed following along on your posts with Catapult so please continue to do so on companies that you take an interest in and best of luck.

Strawman
a month ago

15% on no news!? Not sure what's driving the price, but I'm not complaining.

Their financial year ends in a few days, and we'll get results in May. Hoping to see them make good on their call for continued ACV growth and positive free cash flow.

BoredSaint
a month ago

Strawman beat me to it by a few seconds... But yeh was gonna say, whats driving the share price up today?

Bear77
a month ago

Maybe some insider buying - in terms of window dressing or positioning - if this is an allowable trading window for them - although I would have thought those windows would be more likely to be directly after their reports are released. The volume of CAT shares traded today is certainly a lot higher than their average daily volume, so somebody wants to increase their stake. We might get a "Subs" notice (change or new) in the next couple of days. CAT's one-year chart looks spectacular - another one I gave up on too early and didn't give enough weight to their change of management and new style and focus of management - so one that got away from me after I sold out at a loss.

mikebrisy
a month ago

Speeding ticket received and batted away. "Welcome to the world of illiquid stocks."

PabloEskyBruh
a month ago

Sorry guys, my bad. I sold a yacht or two the other day (marina fees in Bermuda have gone up — like prices everywhere am I right?) and just needed somewhere to park the capital for a bit.

Bear77
a month ago

Makes sense - got to clean that cash Bruh! ;-)

a75e032a6477cfc666a0d019a816d5bb065381.png

Rick
a month ago

Reason given for speeding ticket: “As ASX has noted, Catapult can experience low levels of liquidity in CAT securities and movements in the share price can, from time to time, be exacerbated by low levels of liquidity in CAT securities.”

There were 1.32 million shares traded today. That’s not exactly what I would call “low liquidity”! How did they bat the speeding ticket away on those grounds?”

Nice to see the huge spike though for those holding! Well done! :)

Rick
a month ago

Sorry, I missed @PabloEskyBruh’s post. Yes, 1.32 million shares at $1.58 would be about one yacht in good condition! :)

Saiton
a month ago

Thanks Occy. I have been working on it now for 7 odd year and recently came across a new method.

Remember however that nothing is fool proof. (thats a mistake I have made before)

Theres also many tools I use. There are many factors that need to be lining up to push me to the buy side. All the factors also need to be uncorrelated. I do have some dog positions, though they are small.

I still keep an eye on them for news or price action that confirms a move to the upside or some excitment over it then re enter. Im really only perfecting my methods and discipline now and still have plenty to go.

Its a real fluid thing to be in. As you know a company can be doing well and the stock tanks (usually sentiment of the wider investors). In the end its always the buyer and sellers that rule what happens, not the company. If they dont buy then the company hasn't convinced them. So sentiment around the stock rules for me and that showns up in price movements.