Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

0118784a3e52503eb7a939f05093ad0a81dfd2.png

From a recent Entergy pres:

232645f82a3ee19e36f599c6954890b9e8ce45.png

35b51b0b9a6c26db90c7926d58f7b4a6aaa97d.png

Scott
a month ago

I have the same thoughts. It's not a failed company though. It still has sales, albeit not as projected. They ramped up expenses expecting the sales but they now have to wind back expenses down. They have taken out technical people and left the sales people. The ramp up in expenses was taking on sales people. So my interpretation is that they are trying to bring sales forward and product development will lag. There's a real chance of a takeover given the background of the recent board appointment.

Held.

Hills2020
a month ago

@Scott, agree it's not a failed company with sales from tier 1 customers. If I really try to zero in on my primary concern / issue, it's when the extended cash collection issue because a growth and then revenue decline issue.

I did a bit of work on their customers recently (which is how I came across the Entergy slide) and there are examples U.S. utilities (not exclusively customers of 3DP) where the rolling 12 month capex and R&M lines have slowed. There is also a similar read through from IKE with very similar customers and end market (apologies, I can't recall who did the analysis to sight the member).

Again, I struggle because without too much effort, I'm able to convince myself to wait it out for the next couple of quarters, despite what's increasingly looking like a busted thesis.

Re: takeover, I agree the chance has increased, but perversely, I see this as a risk, as any potential transaction would require management's blessing and the concern is that they low ball it.

l1l1l1
a month ago

My ahort answer is, you cant really be mission critical if tou have trouble getting money out of your customers