Forum Topics AHC AHC Q3 update

Pinned straw:

Added 3 months ago

@LifeCapital and @BendigoInvesto covered this, so I won't back over what they've written. Except to say that I was scratching my head at this result. The numbers just looked too good, and I couldn't get them anywhere near to adding up until I re-read almost to the bottom of their trading update:

2f6ac972a757f952f6e4835b1fddc61380cb9d.png

Talk about burying the lead - a 5.6% increase in GM is huge! Much higher than anything they've done for at least 10 years. What is that? Is that Technocorp? I'd thought of Technocorp as strategically important, but of lower quality than the existing business. That isn't borne out by the numbers though:

214109aded3fccade56b21ef0c93f2cffec6ea.png

So Teknocorp appears to be holding its own and then some. But the underlying business appears to have had a standout quarter as well. While I thought the 1H numbers were fair-to-good, I had expected a lot more given the growth in order book and commentary around impacts of COVID impacts easing. Q3 appears to have made up for that.

It's just as dangerous to extrapolate a good quarter as it is a bad one, but I'll do it anyway cause I'm a slow learner. Although they disclose NPAT, I'll focus on EBITDA because their tax is all over the shop. They are run-rating at almost $10 million EBITDA, which is an EV/EBITDA ratio under 6. Add a record order book and I'm a happy holder.

2ec8598d304b497db5469355d2560feee7ccda.png

Silky84
3 months ago

Interesting to see if this is for an acquisition or just to buff out the balance sheet. As per the recent half year report they didnt appear to need the cash for general use

edgescape
3 months ago

Really odd trading in the final match yesterday.

Still a few stale holders wanting to exit.

Maybe another quarter of the same performance required.

shearman
3 months ago

Now we know why.

Today they announced a capital raising!