Forum Topics AVA AVA 4 year low

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

Blimey -- AVA really can't catch a bid.

It's very thinly traded, so maybe I shouldn't put too much weight on the drop today, especially in the absence of any news (at least any that is ASX disclosed).

Anyway, shares are basically trading on 1x sales! And that's with the business reaffirming guidance at the latest quarter for a 20% lift in H2 sales (at the midpoint) and positive EBITDA. Not to mention the much touted operating margin expansion Mal reckons he can deliver.

This thing is either super cheap, or management's grand plans are built on nothing but unfounded hopium..

Time will tell, but I'm continuing to hold for now.

fcmaster26
a month ago

Tbh, AVA today is pretty much the same as AVA back when the share price was around 30c, if not better.

The company has a clearer game plan, thanks to Mal, and new products that are welcomed by the market, unlike Aura-IQ.

If I was willing to buy above 30c, I probably should buy more now. This is the exact moment when my emotion says fuck, but my brain says fuck yeah.

WINGMAN
a month ago

Yikes - just saw the $0.105 price.

I didn’t take the share offer thinking a single macro event or two could easily take it to 0.12 cents, but didn’t expect this.

Will be topping up tomorrow if this is still the price.

Bear77
a month ago

Wednesday 19th June 2024: You'd think most people would have their tax-loss selling done by now, but there might be a few that are still running the numbers and realising they have some capital gains to offset and they just might scan their portfolios for a few dogs with fleas. I asked over in this thread five or 6 weeks ago - https://strawman.com/forums/topic/4554 - in terms of Envirosuite EVS - "If anybody still likes Envirosuite (EVS), they're getting cheaper and cheaper - imagine how cheap they're going to be by the end of June !!" - that was on May 14th, and they'd just made a new all-time low of 4.8 cps. Turns out that was very close to the bottom - for now - as they only got to 4.5 cps on May 22nd and 23rd and are now at 5.4 cps (5.6 cps yesterday). So they popped on this 13th June release: Response-to-media-speculation (1).PDF.

With AVA however, it's been crickets. Nothing to cause a pop, just more and more selling. We still realistically have a week left if people want their trades settled by Friday June 28th - the last trading day of this financial year. If this company lives up to even half of their potential, they are cheap, but sometimes it's hard to pick the companies that are being oversold simply due to tax-loss selling and companies where people are just giving up because they've lost faith in management, often with good reason.

Can't give advice. I no longer hold AVA or EVS, either here, or anywhere else - certainly not with any real money - but I have previously held both of them and have lost money on both, after making money earlier (net loss EVS, net profit on AVA). I can only highlight what CAN happen:

Swoop (SWP) were trading in the low 20s (cps) in June last year (closed at 22.5 cps on June 30, 2023) after falling all the way down from $2.31/share in September 2021 and heading consistently lower during FY23 (from 65 cps to 22.5 cps), and then on July 26th they closed at 35 cps after rising about +55% in around 4 weeks. So were they oversold in June last year?? People buying them in July must have thought so, but they closed today at 17.5 cps, being exactly -50% below that 35 cps high last July, so they've been smashed even harder THIS June. Personally I'd be arguing that Swoop's underlying business is significantly better than AVA's is, but the market doesn't care - they hate both of them right now.

Somebody is wrong - is it us - or is it them? Time will tell.

392e006d67dc4c3fcafd92c3c49c61b3d1fdf1.png

Bushmanpat
a month ago

@strawman, is there a junior miner we can invest in that is targeting this elusive hopium?

Strawman
a month ago

Ha! Maybe they should be exploring around my portfolio @Bushmanpat -- a rich deposit of hopium to be found there ;)