Forum Topics BIO BIO Media

Pinned straw:

Added 2 months ago

BIO appears on The Call on Ausbiz today.

Click here

Michael Wayne and Henry Jennings both gave it what I gather was a quick look over.

Both suggesting that investors take profits at this point, given the run up in SP.

mikebrisy
2 months ago

@Arizona - I expected no less. Henry's "value-add" comment was talking about some of the meme stocks that have taken off recently, and then in the next breath referring to $DRO "yesterday". In their defence, they were both a HOLD on $TNE!

When you look at this picture, then OK, maybe they have a point.

d07f6ae4a1ac469e5ce5e8b17b6b3301d4c993.png

But I prefer to look at this picture, below ....

For sure, if you are prepared to trade it, there will be lots of opportunities to get on and off the bus.

On a statistical basis, learning from other microcaps, there's little doubt there will soon come a day when you can get $BIO a LOT cheaper. And I hope those days will come so that I can build my position.

ee42a7aa3bcd0cff19b076493415e180b0aadf.png

I quite like this picture, not so much for the 8%-9% annual compound returns (which aren't stellar to be fair), but because it illustrates to me what being a "long term investor" really means.

In 10 years, BioGaia has had a least 10 times when the SP pulled back by 50% or more! Of course, it is always easy to look at history and make such obvious observations, but it means if you held it all the way through, there'd have been all those times when in the space of a few short months you'd have seen your position halve. It takes conviction to hold on for that for the long term gains. Of course, if you are a skilled trader, you can multiple your returns by moving in and out! But be careful, because as I like to describe it, sometimes the bus takes off before you can get back on, and you are stuck at the bus stop watching the dust as it roars off without you.

Arizona
2 months ago

@mikebrisy Yes I don't believe either of those fellas looked to closely at BIO.

Neither do I think BIO is in either's "wheelhouse".

And really they both gave a sensible general answer for a stock that had had a great run up.

There really isn't a lot to take away from the discussion. But its good to get a broad range of opinions....sometimes.

At first glance hat BIOGAIA chart looks beautiful moving from bottom left to top right.

On closer inspection there is some major turbulence, that would have tested the best of investors.

Getting off and back on the bus is not something I have mastered.

And brings to mind the fact that some of the best performing investment accounts, are owned by investors that have passed away and don't have the temptation of making such decisions.