Forum Topics AVA AVA Institutional Placement &SPP

Pinned straw:

Added a month ago

cf0819c8e259503db4ce4ae9404ca7ffca2557.jpeg

Now that we’ve known this capital raise is just for getting some working capital, I have more questions for Mal next week.

The company’s CFO said AVA had enough capital to fund the growth. Would it be too harsh to ask “Why did you lie to my face?”? I just don’t know how to ask this question in a more subtle way.

Strawman
a month ago

Not unreasonable at all @fcmaster26

I'll put it to Mal as best I can. But it's a fair question.

Something along the lines of...

On x date you said that "Ava did not need to raise capital," (not actual quote)

What changed that made a capital raising necessary? How long were you in discussions for a capital raising before this?

Does anyone know the actual quote? Was it "we don't need to" or "we won't"?

Tbh, I think this is probably a sensible cap raise to give them breathing room. A bit of dilution, but we do get money and the opportunity to participate in the SPP.

RhinoInvestor
a month ago

@Strawman & @fcmaster26 Maybe ... "Why do you have such a poor handle on your company's future cash burn vs cash receipts that you said you have adequate capital to fund growth" (or something a little less confronting than calling the fellow a liar but equally scathing by implying a massive lack of competence).

better still ... can you please just get them to walk us through these two pages from their latest investor presentation and explain:

1. How is the incremental 3m in Opex (what they raised by issuing new shares) actually going to deliver 20m in additional revenue
  2. How is that additional 20m of revenue forecast across the next 28 months.
  3. Where is the sales backlog to justify the 20m of incremental revenue given there only looks like 8.9m of sales backlog (i.e. where is the sales funnel for H2 which should be substantially larger than the order intake for H1 ... its usually good to have > 2x coverage (in case opportunities slip) especially we are now half way through H2 why couldn't they have included an updated Sales pipeline (pretty average IMHO)
  4. Why couldn't they have taken on 3m of Debt to fund the necessary Opex (given they took in record sales and have a high GM presumably funding a 3m loan would't have been that onerous given they only have about 2.2m of debt on the balance sheet (30/12/23) and has 111K of financing costs last half.

56f88ff6ced25048280860677169b69adc849b.png

fcmaster26
a month ago

I did put in a question about future revenue projections.

If the contracts are so lumpy and hard to predict, which is a very reasonable excuse for money losing H1, then why are they predicting the next 3 years?

fcmaster26
a month ago

79ece61c042415d04a9a1d8f2bf8cce33c4a1a.png3ed07be0edb2b8c16155cb5a46980f307caacf.png239181038ac23a1b2a6b898773f41d903a7ce8.png

Some actual quotes for you.